Re: Myra and Sergei

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
CaptainPhoton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-captainphoton.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Myra and Sergei

Post by CaptainPhoton »

I too am really curious about the progression of Myra and Sergei's relationship. I enjoyed the conflict and attraction between the two characters, and hopefully will learn more of their future in more books on these and the other characters in this book.

I enjoyed the book and am now reading the prequel, Strong Heart.
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

The relationship shared by these two characters is really fascinating. I think third book would delve deeper into this. For the time being, we'll have to wait for the third installment.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am hoping that there is a sequel to this book. It definitely seems that there is a lot of reconciliation starting. I guess for Myra and Sergei more will be revealed then.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

kdstrack wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 21:43 It was interesting to see Myra developed more in this book. Both she and Sergei are scientists. Sergei has a life of traveling and presenting at conferences while Myra is deeply enmeshed in tribal life within her community. It would be fascinating to see how the author would bring these two together.
Myra's firm stand in fighting for her community is something to worth an applause. If the two can be brought together then it would be of great help to Myra given that both are scientists.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Kibetious wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 04:09
kdstrack wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 21:43 It was interesting to see Myra developed more in this book. Both she and Sergei are scientists. Sergei has a life of traveling and presenting at conferences while Myra is deeply enmeshed in tribal life within her community. It would be fascinating to see how the author would bring these two together.
Myra's firm stand in fighting for her community is something to worth an applause. If the two can be brought together then it would be of great help to Myra given that both are scientists.
That is how I am leaning also. I see Myra staying as an active member of the community and Sergei eventually coming to join her.
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

I did not read the first book so I did not know that their relationship is already in the background, it got more intriguing 9n how will their relationship end. I hope in the next book, their relationship will be given a bigger highlight.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I think that Myra and Sergei's story would be enjoyable to read about. Yet, I do not believe that it would have fit well into this book.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 04:19 Invthis book, their relationship was kind of in the background and I didn't think about it that much. They are perfect for each other, but the distance is a huge obstacle.
Yes, but you never know sometimes true love can overcome any obstacle. Maybe, in the future Sergei would accept a position in the Olympic Peninsula.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

vishu wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 12:45 This particular trait of weaving understated romantic story lines with finesse is rare among writers. I would love to see how it develops in the future books.
Me too. Also, yes it is rare, but it always a treat to read.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Prisallen wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 19:25 I didn't read the first two books, so I don't really know much about what happened between them before. It really did stay in the background during this story.
I agree it was in the background. I would still like to see where it goes in the next book.
Also, it has only one predecessor.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

briellejee wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 04:16
Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 04:19 Invthis book, their relationship was kind of in the background and I didn't think about it that much. They are perfect for each other, but the distance is a huge obstacle.
I think I have to agree with this. I never really paid attention to them since I did not read Strong Heart and that survival was my main focus. If ever I did read Strong Heart, I think I would have noticed them.
I guess I wouldn't have looked much into at as well if I hadn't read Strong Heart. Saying that, I say you give the book a try. It's amazing.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

CatInTheHat wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 14:59 Myra and Sergei's "relationship" really doesn't do anything for me. It seemed like an afterthought in both books.
Yes, it was more of a sub-plot of sorts. Still, I found the duo enigmatic both together and alone. So, I would like to know more about them in the upcoming books.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

AKShanmar12 wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 19:14 Hopefully, we will find out more in the next book. First I need to read the first book.
I hope so too.

You should definitely give Strong Heart a try. It is a great read.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Smiley 25 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 23:25 It would be interesting to see where their relationship goes. I have not read Strong Heart yet so I wasn’t very invested in their possible relationship. It was more of a passing thought in this book.
I guess in Strong Heart, they had a comparatively larger role. I would also like to see where their relationship goes.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Kibetious wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 10:14 It would definitely be nice to read more and find out what happens to them. It appears very likely that they may be something big in store for us. How events turn out sometimes is totally surprising.
True. Though, I would not want them to be separated.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”