Re: Myra and Sergei

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 958
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Re: Myra and Sergei

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Lady-of-Literature wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 12:57 I wish I knew more about their courtship and coupling, but I haven't read the first book so all I got was background romance and implications. Nonetheless, I'm intrigued by what they have. How did the two meet anyway?
They met through William actually. He always thought there could be something between his daughter and Sergei. You should give Strong Heart go. It is a bit different, but I believe you will like it if you liked Adrift.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 18:41 I haven't read any of the other books, so I don't know much about Myra and Sergei's past.
I didn't particularly feel connected to either of the characters.
They did have a small role in this book compared to the first one. Hopefully, they get a larger part in the next book.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

kdstrack wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 21:43 It was interesting to see Myra developed more in this book. Both she and Sergei are scientists. Sergei has a life of traveling and presenting at conferences while Myra is deeply enmeshed in tribal life within her community. It would be fascinating to see how the author would bring these two together.
Yes, it would be definitely interesting. I would love to see that actually. Also, I hope that they end up together.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

CaptainPhoton wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 09:34 I too am really curious about the progression of Myra and Sergei's relationship. I enjoyed the conflict and attraction between the two characters, and hopefully will learn more of their future in more books on these and the other characters in this book.

I enjoyed the book and am now reading the prequel, Strong Heart.
Hopefully, we will get more of them.

I hope you like the prequel. I would love to know your thoughts on it.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Ekta Kumari wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 15:46 The relationship shared by these two characters is really fascinating. I think third book would delve deeper into this. For the time being, we'll have to wait for the third installment.
Yeah, we need to wait for it. I hope we get more of them there.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Kibetious wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 10:02 I am hoping that there is a sequel to this book. It definitely seems that there is a lot of reconciliation starting. I guess for Myra and Sergei more will be revealed then.
I think so as well. Maybe, we will get to see them ending up together after some trials, of course.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Kibetious wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 04:09
kdstrack wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 21:43 It was interesting to see Myra developed more in this book. Both she and Sergei are scientists. Sergei has a life of traveling and presenting at conferences while Myra is deeply enmeshed in tribal life within her community. It would be fascinating to see how the author would bring these two together.
Myra's firm stand in fighting for her community is something to worth an applause. If the two can be brought together then it would be of great help to Myra given that both are scientists.
Yes, especially considering that they have differing views. This will make their work much better.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

kdstrack wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 12:58
Kibetious wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 04:09
Myra's firm stand in fighting for her community is something to worth an applause. If the two can be brought together then it would be of great help to Myra given that both are scientists.
That is how I am leaning also. I see Myra staying as an active member of the community and Sergei eventually coming to join her.
That is very much a possibility, a possibility I would like to see realized.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Shielasshi_93 wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 20:13 I did not read the first book so I did not know that their relationship is already in the background, it got more intriguing 9n how will their relationship end. I hope in the next book, their relationship will be given a bigger highlight.
I hope so too. I really want them to end up together.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

chelhack wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 04:17 I think that Myra and Sergei's story would be enjoyable to read about. Yet, I do not believe that it would have fit well into this book.
The author can develop on it in the next book, keeping true to the theme, of course.
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

While I do hope we see more of them, I don't want their romance to overtake the plot. It's one of my pet peeves when authors allow romantic undertones to overshadow the main story.
elizaron878
Currently Reading: The Copyist
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizaron878.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by elizaron878 »

The two are obviously attracted to each other.But there's the challenge of distance and both being occupied by their work.

Myra is also secretly ntimidated by Sergei, because he has more academic credentials than her,but she would rather die than let him know

But I foresee the author eliminating the distance,so as to bring these two together .
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Kajori Sheryl Paul

ViziVoir wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 23:11 While I do hope we see more of them, I don't want their romance to overtake the plot. It's one of my pet peeves when authors allow romantic undertones to overshadow the main story.
Keeping in mind the tone of the previous books, I do not think that it would overshadow the main story. My only hope is that we get more of Sergei and Myra.
Kajori Sheryl Paul

elizaron878 wrote: 01 May 2019, 03:26 The two are obviously attracted to each other.But there's the challenge of distance and both being occupied by their work.

Myra is also secretly ntimidated by Sergei, because he has more academic credentials than her,but she would rather die than let him know

But I foresee the author eliminating the distance,so as to bring these two together .
Me too. I think Sergei may move to the Olympic Peninsula. Also, with time Myra may stop being secretly intimidated by him and understand that her experiences in the field are just as important.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I didn't read the previous books, so it will be interesting to see how the author further develops the two characters in future books.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”