Favorite Part VS Least Favorite Part?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Re: Favorite Part VS Least Favorite Part?

Post by Kibet Hillary »

There is also a part I liked a lot on standing vigil. Tom and Sarah decided to go and stay with Myra for the night. It showed a lot of love that the two had for Myra and also for William. It is quite hard to find someone who will sacrifice for the sake of a friend.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Post by mmm17 »

My favorite aspect was the sea voyage jargon and theme. I just love the ocean and boats in general. My least favorite part was the religious discussion. I found it rather shallow and presumptuous. The book would be better without it, in my opinion.
KDJ
Favorite Book: Elenor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdj.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by KDJ »

My favorite part was when Myra and Sarah were in the sweat lodge and Sarah looks over and tells/asks Myra the bear between us was big wasn't it? That part had me actually smiling. :D :D :D My least favorite scene was when they radioed over to the tug to tell Louise that Larry had passed away. It was sad to read. Those were my favorite and least favorite parts, but the entire book was a great read. I enjoyed it so much.
He that loves reading has everything within his reach. —William Godwin
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

Nicole_Boyd wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 14:26 I think my favorite part of the book was seeing how all the story lines intertwine. Going through a horrific experience like this somehow ties people together and I found this true with the book.
My least favorite part was reading about when Larry’s hand and foot get severed. It just made me cringe the whole time.
I love books that have intertwining story lines. It was really interesting to get so many perspectives.
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

Kaylee123 wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 08:57
Nicole_Boyd wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 14:26 I think my favorite part of the book was seeing how all the story lines intertwine. Going through a horrific experience like this somehow ties people together and I found this true with the book.
My least favorite part was reading about when Larry’s hand and foot get severed. It just made me cringe the whole time.
I love books that have intertwining story lines. It was really interesting to get so many perspectives.
Yes and I think the author did so well with all the different viewpoints. I never felt confused about who’s viewpoint it was.
Scarlet Nicoll
Currently Reading: Churchill's Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare
Bookshelf Size: 216
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scarlet-nicoll.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah

Post by Scarlet Nicoll »

Bringing out the power of positivity through women is what drove me close to this read.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

Undoubtedly, William's survival was my favourite . Louise's lack of trust in Larry just set me off, it was so annoying
siusantos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Post by siusantos »

My favorite part was the successful return of Seattle Express by Warhorse, even though it was not sure then that they would get anything. It was a winning moment for the underdogs despite the death of a crew member.

My least favorite part was when William was found. It felt too rushed, and it lacked emotion.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

My favourite part of the book was Williams survival. Larry's demise would make my least favourite part.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I enjoyed the scenes where William was thought to be dead, but they found out he was actually alive. I also enjoyed the introduction to the naval side of life, if at times I found it borderline terrifying. The scenes with Larry were among my least favourite - the ones where he lost his leg and then reading about his unsuccessful struggle to survive afterwards.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

My favorite part was more of an attitude. While others were standing vigil and praying to their ancestors to give William peace, Sarah held steadfast that her vision of the bear represented a positive sign.

My least favorite part was the reference to the first book. This is a standalone sequel, but by referring to the first adventure as often as it did, it felt as if it was an advertisement for the first book.

Valerie
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

My favourite part would be when people start volunteering to look for William. It showed the community spirit. And the fact that it happened on Larry's memorial service where people known and unknown came to pay their respect, added to the moment.
My least favourite part would be in the first half when all the technical aspects were described. For someone who has zero knowledge on the subject, I was clueless most of the times.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”