What is your take about the author?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
katinabuchanan5
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: What is your take about the author?

Post by katinabuchanan5 »

I think that the author is intelligent and he has a valid inscription of what the text says in his heart. I think he has wisdom and he is very well versed. I understand his mentality like any other scholar and believe his entitled to his own frame of reference. The world needs more people who can step outside the mainstream culpability and model a solid individual with drive and compassion for the real.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Shielasshi_93 wrote: 03 May 2019, 20:01 I have not rred the book yet, however, according to some reviews and the author's replies in Lindin that I've red, I feel like this book his personal vendetta against the Catholic church. I feel like he'll get whatever it is to disprove the Bible and the Catholic teachings.
It must feel like this, i'm sure.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 02 May 2019, 04:29
Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 02 May 2019, 03:26
juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 02:55 Having read that book, what do you think of the author? Is he religious? Is he a christian? What do you think the reaction of the church would have been if he is/was a christian?
I think betrayal would have been the reaction, and I think the author is way open to new ways of thinking.
I agree, the church would not accept his revelation. I feel as though the author is not overly religious otherwise he would not dig so deep to find all of these secrets.
:tiphat:
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:11
Kibetious wrote: 02 May 2019, 04:44
Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 02 May 2019, 03:26

I think betrayal would have been the reaction, and I think the author is way open to new ways of thinking.
It sounds like betrayal but I am sure that with the rise in relativism, most many not really care about his beliefs as long as they know the truth.
I get your point but i think many people will determine the authenticity of his claims by first determining who he is as far as religion is concerned.
I was a devoted Christian for two years in the early 70's and since 1975 have been an even more ardent Satsangi with the Radha Soami Satsang Beas, of Beas, India. (rssb [dot] org) That's like 45 years or so. A long time. I have an unshakeable faith in God.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Brendan Donaghy wrote: 02 May 2019, 09:30 Does it matter whether the author is religious or not, or what his motivation for writing this book may be? Surely a book should stand or fall on its own worth. If people think he has written a poor book, they should call him on it and say why they think this. Likewise if they think the book is a good one.
Sounds good!
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
Well, that's just ducky. We'll see about that! I know what I have found and it is not going to change.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Abacus wrote: 02 May 2019, 12:32 How can an honest debate based on historical documents be a betrayal. If the original story is true, no amount of debate will change it. If some of it is based on inaccurate translation, the sooner we understand an accurate translation, the better. I understand very well that if Robert Wahler has compared other writings of the time, and found that our truth is not completely truthful, then he would want to have light thrown on the comparisons.
What a great observation! In fact, in the book's conclusion I call for just that: help from scholars to finish what I started. I want to see more knowledgeable Bible scholars in the future.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Julie Petitbon wrote: 02 May 2019, 14:15
Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
Wow...just..wow. That is a bit presumptuous and insensitive of the author. I think it is admirable to be passionate about your findings and beliefs, but that doesn't mean you should be disrespectful or insensitive to the beliefs of others.
Does it not occur to you that I am pointing out something better -- because it is real, not false? You can look at the material I present for yourself and verify that what I say about it is true, not opinion, and that it opens up a much better way to believe in God. I'm not a home-wrecker. I was once a Christian myself, and do not regret having been one. I consider myself a true Christian, although no one else might. I know what is really behind the Gospel story. It isn't what people think.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Look at John 6:40, for example. "For it is the will of the Father, that every one WHO SEES the Son and believes, I will give eternal life and raise up at the last day." When did you "see" Jesus? This person said this because every one needs to be able to see their Master. Otherwise, you will be open to being deceived by inner forms who take on similar forms to your Master. This is from a Master, too, not just me. You need to "theoron" your Master -- that's Greek for "to SEE". And it means seeing physically, as John 6:36 just before it makes clear.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

WaryReader wrote: 03 May 2019, 10:38 I'm inclined to believe that he used to be a typical Christian, but then something changed his mind. He could still be a believer, but he's far from your average Christian by now. :eusa-think:
Very true! I met a living Master, Maharaj Charan Singh -- that's what happened. Now the potshots will really kick in ... I'm used to it.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Nerea wrote: 03 May 2019, 15:25 I think he wants to voice out his ideas and speculations about the divine truths. But his ideas are somewhat distorting and unreliable.
I must have missed the mark with you. I was trying to present things anyone can verify for themselves. I wouldn't have written the book if it was just my opinion. A third of the world being Christian is a lot of people to convince. I don't speculate. I demonstrate. Did you read it? It doesn't sound like it. A lot who have opinions on me haven't, I've noticed. That's typical, unfortunately. Christians are notoriously closed-minded. What is so threatening? We can talk...
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 03 May 2019, 22:51
Shielasshi_93 wrote: 03 May 2019, 20:01 I have not rred the book yet, however, according to some reviews and the author's replies in Lindin that I've red, I feel like this book his personal vendetta against the Catholic church. I feel like he'll get whatever it is to disprove the Bible and the Catholic teachings.
It must feel like this, i'm sure.
I was never Catholic. For two years I was with 'The Local Church' in Santa Cruz and Norfolk, a Christian evangelical. I'm not out 'to get' anybody, except maybe a few biblical scholars I could name, but won't.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

I am not a Christian so I can't judge that. But I think what he did is commendable.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Shilpa Paul
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpa-paul.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Shilpa Paul »

I think since Robert Wahler is a follower of Radha Soami Satsang Beast, he must have come across people with different beliefs across the world. As a result he has an open approach and might have come across controversial information which intrigued him to research.
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

Sahansdal wrote: 04 May 2019, 00:00
Brendan Donaghy wrote: 02 May 2019, 09:30 Does it matter whether the author is religious or not, or what his motivation for writing this book may be? Surely a book should stand or fall on its own worth. If people think he has written a poor book, they should call him on it and say why they think this. Likewise if they think the book is a good one.
Sounds good!
Welcome to the debate, sir - no better man to settle a few arguments than the author himself!

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”