Do you think this book marks the end or christianity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
WaryReader
Currently Reading: Madame Bovary
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Do you think this book marks the end or christianity?

Post by WaryReader »

Just an odd, interesting take on Christianity. I can think of about 100 other things that are more threatening to Christianity than this book, honestly.
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

lisalynn wrote: 02 May 2019, 08:30 One book end Christianity? That's like saying, will dipping a bucket of water from the Pacific Ocean cause it to dry up.
Perfect analogy! I agree wholeheartedly!
Roxanne Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxanne-thomas.html
Latest Review: Toward Happier Choices by Michael Oborn

Post by Roxanne Thomas »

I don't believe that this book or any book written by man, that was not directed by Jehovah God Himself to be written can bring an end to Christianity.
Niski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niski.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Niski »

If one book could end Christianity, I think people would have tried this a long time ago.
I don't think any book could ever be the end of Christianity. Especially one spouting conspiracy theories about Jesus and Judas.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Christianity will never end, but false divine teachings will. What I'd say is that, the book marks a fulfillment of the prophecy where it says there'll be the existence of false teachings.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

No, I don't think this book could ever end Christianity. Yes a lot of research went into gathering material for the book but in the end it is the author's choice to believe what he found in the research and run with it. I disagree wholeheartedly with the book and it doesn"t even come close to changing my mind about Jesus or Judas.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

I didn't expressly expect this book to end Christianity, but to present new period information (that is, from the time of the NT Gospels) that show -- clearly -- that the heart of the Jesus Betrayal story of Judas the traitor was a rewriting, and inversion, of a gnostic original mastership succession story. This information is obviously critical to understanding the Bible. If Judas is the sacrifice, as I show, how can Jesus be also? That would not work. Others must decide why James had to be hidden. I think the answer is too obvious to miss. Jesus was not the Master for all time. A Pauline Church co-opted the teachings of a real Master -- James -- to start a new, and false, Church. Look at the Catholic Church, the richest entity in all history. This certainly pays well! No other Master teaches martyrdom salvation, and a lot of them have said that this idea is simply mistaken. One needs to read widely! Dr. Robert Eisenman wrote three tremendous books detailing the proto-orthodox theft of Jamesian teachings to make a false narrative for the canonical Gospels. roberteisenman [dot] com

John the Baptist was A MASTER. James was A MASTER. Peter, too, likely A MASTER... Even Mary may have been, from the gnostic accounting of her. There are many other writings from equally exalted spiritual figures as John and James. Go here to see dozens of them: Scienceofthesoul [dot] org Books by the Masters, and books about the Masters.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Julie Petitbon wrote: 02 May 2019, 13:51 This book will not mark an end of Christianity. I do think it will cause a bit of controversy and generate a lot of discussion. However, one book is not going to change the religious beliefs of millions of people.
Did you read it? I prove that the Betrayal of Christ IS FICTIONAL. Every detail in the biblical narrative of the Judas betrayal of Jesus is borrowed and inverted from the gnostic mastership succession narrative in the Apocalypses of James! That's news worth hearing.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

klballard wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:40 It’d be impossible for a single book to end Christianity. The Bible has been the most published book of all time while being the most persecuted book of all time. Christianity has survived Emperor Nero, Gnosticism, book burning, criminalization, Richard Dawkins, etc. One book might change a few minds, but it’ll do nothing to Christianity as a whole because Christianity isn’t about facts, rules, or a book, it’s about a changed life from a Person who rose from the grave. No book can counter someone’s experience.
When Judas says "Hail, Master!" it comes at the same time and place in the biblical narrative as it does in the gnostic mastership succession narrative in the gnostic Second Apocalypse of James, but with this telling difference: "Hail, BROTHER!" Why? The fact that this storytelling feature is there, and with this difference shows that one yielded the other, first of all, and secondly, that the original was THE GNOSTIC, since only later virgin-birth theological concerns of the Paulines can explain the change. The Gnostics would have no reason to change 'Master' to 'Brother' -- but the Paulines would have for a change from 'Brother' to 'Master.' The Gnostic story is the original. They wanted to hide that Jesus had brothers (later on, anyway).

This was part of making Jesus exclusively central to the expense of other Masters, like James ('Judas'). This one line, "Hail, Master!" alone is proof that there are parallel narratives, inversions of each other. This is present elsewhere in fascinating ways -- think of the "kiss" of Judas. It is there, too, in the Apocalypses of James, both of them. It was originally a kiss of spiritual union in the gnostic telling. The orthodox Gospel authors make it into a kiss of a traitor. Think of Mark 14:51-2 and "stripped and fleeing naked." The Gnostics have it as a spiritual dynamic of ascent within in meditation. This is also in parallel place in both stories. Great way to get rid of a troublesome heir. The Bible story IS FALSE.
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

Christianity is about your faith in God, your relationship with him. I am a catholic but I don't often read the Bible, its good to have knowledge that you read from a book or the bible but its not the basis of our faith. Religion is not about a certain book, its about your relationship with your God.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I don't believe it's possible that one book could end Christianity...ever.
katinabuchanan5
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by katinabuchanan5 »

I think it shows how Christianity was formed in an Era where people wanted to believe that the life of biblical leaders was only for the benefit of God. Today people believe that the life of biblical people are examples of how people should live. So, it can be the beginning of a new wisdom and knowledge practice of living. But not the end of Christianity.
Balazon2000
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Awaken You Wonderful We
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-balazon2000.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B07BNZ74G8

Post by Balazon2000 »

No single book can end Christianity. The faithful have been faithful too long and believe too strongly in their faith to believe anything else.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Kibetious wrote: 03 May 2019, 09:57
juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:03 What do you think was the aim of this book especially considering all the research the author had to carry out to aid him in writing the book? Do you think his intentions were just to dispense knowladge and not an attack to christianity? If this book is read by many people across the world, do you think it might put an end to christianity?
I think I can liken this book to one I read that was trying to dispute the concept of the trinity as we know. What I came to realize there are very many books out there that are explaining things contrary to popular beliefs but at the end of the day, the Christian believer has to come back to the Bible.
The Trinity is not scriptural. Many commentators have pointed this out. Go to Hebrew Matthew, the ORIGINAL version of it. It can be found online, George Howard, or Throckmorton and Barnstone. At 28:19, the first draft variant is simply, "Go." Nothing about Go, and spread the teachings of the Farher, Son, and Holy Ghost. This is because the Son IS the Holy Spirit, and the orthodox authors wanted to separate them to give Jesus more stature. Masters come all the time as 'Son' of God incarnate. You sell yourself short denying a vision of a living savior. I have seen two. John 6:40 and 9:4-5 (sent US is the original Codex Sinaiticus variant) tell us that Masters must be SEEN or living concurrently. This is what all Masters have taught. Science of Soul dot org has many titles written by recently living saviors. The Old Testament is just fine, it is the New that cannot be. Look at Ecclesiastes 1:9 --- "nothing ***NEW*** under the sun." And Hosea 6:6 proves God does not desire 'sacrifice.' So he sacrifices his own son? I think not. The NT is a huge fraud.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 02 May 2019, 17:45 I don't see how one book could end Christianity. In my opinion, religion has far more to do with faith than it does with certain facts and figures. People will continue to read and hold the Bible in the highest regard.
Not anymore. The Gospel of Judas just surfaced a decade ago.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”