Truth or Fable?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Post Reply
User avatar
10mile72
Posts: 554
Joined: 21 May 2018, 12:13
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Re: Truth or Fable?

Post by 10mile72 »

Wamakima wrote: 22 May 2019, 03:30 I think it's true. I don't understand why the author would go to such an extent as to publish the book on such a sensitive topic.
I don't think he intentionally misleads anyone, but he could simply be mistaken, right? :techie-studyingbrown:
Sahansdal
Posts: 601
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

10mile72 wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 18:59
Wamakima wrote: 22 May 2019, 03:30 I think it's true. I don't understand why the author would go to such an extent as to publish the book on such a sensitive topic.
I don't think he intentionally misleads anyone, but he could simply be mistaken, right? :techie-studyingbrown:
It was too much work to be wrong! Please! :)
JeanyJean
Posts: 248
Joined: 15 Jul 2020, 07:50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

chelhack wrote: 21 May 2019, 23:21 There are so many different opinions who knows what is or isn't true. I feel people should believe in what satisfies them and makes them want to do and live the best way in life.
Unfortunately I disagree with you. In my opinion,people should believe exactly what is written in the Bible and use it to direct them to live their lives in the best way possible
User avatar
Abhyarna
Posts: 59
Joined: 26 Apr 2020, 02:58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarna.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Abhyarna »

chelhack wrote: 21 May 2019, 23:21 There are so many different opinions who knows what is or isn't true. I feel people should believe in what satisfies them and makes them want to do and live the best way in life.
True, it is difficult to convince people, however, evidence you present to back your views. They like to stick to their opinions.
Sahansdal
Posts: 601
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

Abhyarna wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 08:06
chelhack wrote: 21 May 2019, 23:21 There are so many different opinions who knows what is or isn't true. I feel people should believe in what satisfies them and makes them want to do and live the best way in life.
True, it is difficult to convince people, however, evidence you present to back your views. They like to stick to their opinions.
My books are about proof not belief.
Sahansdal
Posts: 601
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

JeanyJean wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 17:22
chelhack wrote: 21 May 2019, 23:21 There are so many different opinions who knows what is or isn't true. I feel people should believe in what satisfies them and makes them want to do and live the best way in life.
Unfortunately I disagree with you. In my opinion,people should believe exactly what is written in the Bible and use it to direct them to live their lives in the best way possible
Like Bart Ehrman says, no one knows who wrote much of it, and even what much of it really says. "What is written" is what the greater 'Church' says it is.
User avatar
Abhyarna
Posts: 59
Joined: 26 Apr 2020, 02:58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarna.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Abhyarna »

Sahansdal wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 08:33
Abhyarna wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 08:06
chelhack wrote: 21 May 2019, 23:21 There are so many different opinions who knows what is or isn't true. I feel people should believe in what satisfies them and makes them want to do and live the best way in life.
True, it is difficult to convince people, however, evidence you present to back your views. They like to stick to their opinions.
My books are about proof not belief.
I appreciate your determination. :tiphat:
Post Reply

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”