Overall rating and opinion of "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer

Use this forum to discuss the June 2019 Book of the month, "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer.
Felix2015
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Felix2015 »

in my case I give the book a rating of 3 out of 5. Since am an IT expert I feel the flow of the cyber attacks and it interests me to see that such a book is out there to help everyone. Its contents is good and legite .
great job Cynthia
Asunta
Currently Reading: My Father Drank My Lover and Other Short Stories
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asunta.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Asunta »

Just by reading all the comments about the main character, I don't think it's a story I'd enjoy. Will probably pass this one.
My faults and mistakes are what I am, making up the brightest stars in the constellation of my life
- RM :tiphat:
Syson Dolph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syson-dolph.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Syson Dolph »

A story that diverts from my expectations according to the thoughts that I have is always an intrigue I love. Cynthia and Dan : Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer is a story woven around aspects about Information and Technology and elements about love especially deceit. The plot seems disappointing but I still think its an interest I love to catch up.
TyShannah Cornelius
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TyShannah Cornelius »

Honestly, I loved that the author touched on a few women’s issues. We, as readers, get to see Cynthia go through quite a bit. I also liked the romantic part of the storyline and the ending. Overall, I think you all should still read it, but for me, this book was just OKAY! I thought there should have been more added about Dan and Cynthia’s relationship for those reading about them for the first time. It’s kind of pointless to put his name in the title. Sky’s character comes off as needy sometimes and some of his methods for the possible pregnancy are extreme. I also think the story would have been better without the in-depth details of the cyber war. The details about Cynthia’s car was unnecessary too.

The writing could be better as well. The way some of the chapters were sectioned annoyed me because it wasn’t constant. There were some typos and misspellings. The big “Rated R” disclaimer before the sex scene was a bit childish to me. We are adults if you can talk about condoms and pregnancy tests, then the actual scene didn’t require a warning. Then the sex scene wasn’t all that! I thought the description would be mind-blowing since it had a disclaimer. This is just my opinion. I encourage you to read it and form your own, but it only gets two out of five stars from me.
Sandra K Pearson
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-k-pearson.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Post by Sandra K Pearson »

I haven't read this book yet but it sounds like I'm not missing anything based on the some of the comments here. I'll probably pass on this one.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Jorge Luis Borjes
roymutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roymutuma.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by roymutuma »

Before I give my views on the book, I have to commend the author for perfectly blending two very distinct genres into one book. The themes of Terrorism and Love, in two different contexts, rarely go hand in hand.

I enjoyed reading the book. It reads well as a stand alone book in the series too.
Overall, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

Overall, I give it 4 out of 4 stars because the characters were well-developed, it can be read as a stand-alone even it's number ten in a series and it had a great plot which kept me wanting to read on and on.
Books are beautiful.
siusantos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Post by siusantos »

The title should have been Cynthia and Sky. I think it was a better fit considering the role of Dan in the book.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

The plot was thought through, traits, feelings and characters are well discussed which means that the story is a good read. I loved how Cynthia and Sky remotely gave into their weaknesses, but I did not like how the author almost neglected the current ongoing instability. I would still recommend the story to lovers of story detailing temptation and because the author remained discreet with the most intricate descriptions.
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

I enjoyed the book, but I felt like Cynthia's character was too full of contradiction to be believable or relatable, so I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

Though quite interesting but the sudden twist got me wondering what happened.
The Cyber war gets the rating.
Best recommended for adults.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I have heard that this is a suspense and thriller novel. I love this genre. But I’ve seen not-so-good reviews also about this book. So I think I can judge only after reading.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

I have the book 2 out of 4 stars. Though it's a book in McBride series, you can this book as a standalone. I hated the portrayal of Cynthia.
_tiyaah
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by _tiyaah »

I started the book but could never bring my self to finish it the story was predictable and I felt no connections to the characters and I just disliked the whole writing style. 1 out of 4 for me
Kaivalya Khisti
Currently Reading: The Hand Bringer
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaivalya-khisti.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Kaivalya Khisti »

I found this book a bit juvenile. None of the characters did justice to the roles they played. Dan played almost no role and hardly appeared through out the book. I kept wondering why Dan was in the title, because the story definitely did not revolve around Dan and Cynthia together.

Return to “Discuss "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer”