Overall rating and opinion of "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer

Use this forum to discuss the June 2019 Book of the month, "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer.
Hiruni Hansika
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-hansika.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Hiruni Hansika »

I didn't like this book at all. It was boring. I especially hated when Cynthia cheated. Also abortion is considered a sin in our religion. A fetus is a human being after all. Therefor I really hated the book. I rated it 1 star.
CoolReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coolreads.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by CoolReads »

I liked that the plot was based on an actual drone incident at the White House. However, the author's description in the book leading up to the discovery of the perpetrators seemed rushed and lacked depth. I also did not enjoy reading the so-called 'romance' between Cynthia and Sky. Both Sky and Dan, exhibited stalker-like behaviours which should have sent alarm bells ringing for the heroine. I rated this a 2 out of 4 stars.
Macha Marumo Mphela
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macha-marumo-mphela.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Macha Marumo Mphela »

The differences between the ratings and the comments under this discussion are interesting. At one point you have a ton of 4 star ratings and at another point a lot of disappointed readers. I didn't like the book much. It was shallow at best and the characters, although they are interesting, are never well developed.
lara_kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lara-kelly.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by lara_kelly »

I really enjoyed the cyber-war storyline. It was disappointing how Cynthia disappeared here, despite how integral she was in the beginning. I also felt like the characters of Cynthia, Skye, and Dan were underdeveloped. I quite disliked how Cynthia lost her shrewd nature around romantic interests. Skye's character is also so unlikeable and problematic, until we start to approach the end of the novel, where he shows some redeeming qualities. But if the author intended we like Skye, at the end of the novel, why make him so creepy in the beginning?
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

I gave it 2 stars. Overall, the was entertaining in an amateurish way. The main issue was with Cynthia's character. Sky's behavior was over the top. The romance, dialogues, cyberwar...everything was unrealistic.
Inks and Quills
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inks-and-quills.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Inks and Quills »

I read this book with low expectations and still didn’t like it. The main character was written as totally unlikeable.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

I liked the book but just a bit. Cynthia seemed amateur compared to her level of intelligence as the author portrayed it. She let her guard down against Skye, which undermined her rank.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Another thriller by Dorothy May Mercer! The author never fails to pump up the heartbeat as we read. Cynthia and Dan are doing an underground operation. It was interesting and thrilled me. Overall, it was a good read.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prestige-best »

I will rate this book 2 stars. The book seemed so unrealistic also the character, Cynthia seemed different in the two roles she played that is the romance and the political aspect.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

Sincerely speaking this book fell short of my expectations. I gave this book 2 out of 4 stars. I found so many things wrong with this book right from the title. I only like the parts of this book that had to do with the cyber war. The love story captured no element of reality.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I sincerely disliked most of this book. The interaction between the characters felt forced and uncomfortable. The only thing I liked about this book was the parts on the cyber war. The love triangle and the pregnancy was just odd in my opinion.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I really didn't like alot about this book but I found the cyber war part of this book interesting. And recommend this book to adults and all those interested in cyber security.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

I really liked the cyber war part of this book, I also find this book very educating.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

This was an adventure, it was drama and it was romance. It was a recipe for a fantastic book, and the author delivered it. And the hero of the book was a strong independent woman, which is refreshing. I rated this book 4 out of 4.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

Like EMP honeymoon, I love the author's style of writing. The story is a fast pace. There is comedy and romance. I wasn't fond of Sky at the start because he came off as a stalker but I warmed up to him by the end. I also liked the way the author gave a background of the cyber side of the story so anyone can read it.

Return to “Discuss "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer”