Overall rating and opinion of "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer

Use this forum to discuss the June 2019 Book of the month, "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer.
supernatural143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supernatural143.html
Latest Review: The Killers Ruse by Darrin Friedman

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by supernatural143 »

Much as I want to read and rate this book, I was not fortunate enough to secure a copy. I'm an aficionado of cyberwars. I will secure a copy of this book first. After reading, I will post my rating here.
Atharva Joshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Atharva Joshi »

I highly disliked this book. The characters were flat and undeveloped and the love story plot line was cliche and boring. The drone situation was a bit interesting but again underdeveloped. Overall it could have been a decent story but it was purely plot driven and the plot itself did not flow too well. 1/5 stars.
ernest kafuna
Favorite Author: Thomas McCoy
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernest-kafuna.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 168307

Post by ernest kafuna »

I dont think im interested in reading these book as the comments have seen clearly suggest that the book is not great.
Choine
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Choine »

I thought this book was badly written. Most of my objections are towards the romance aspect of the book. I had issues with a girl following a complete stranger--who, obviously, was creepy and acting like a stalker--into a coffee shop and disregarding his behavior in a matter of seconds. That portion was completely unrealistic to me and it ruined my reading experience.
THarveyReadALot
Currently Reading: Special Deliveries
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tharveyreadalot.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda
Reading Device: B07G92J7J3

Post by THarveyReadALot »

Well, the book was interesting at first. I couldn't tell in which direction it would go, to the personal lives of the characters, or to the professional.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I read a sample of the book and wasn't sure if it'd be one I'd really enjoy or not. It sounds like numerous people didn't enjoy it. It just doesn't sound like my type of genre.
Mac :techie-reference:
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

I completely agree with maggi3; I also got the feeling that the author was trying to justify cheating. It made me slightly uncomfortable, but I pushed through, as the rest of the story was relatively interesting.
nikhilkrishna2003
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: 281 and beyond
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhilkrishna2003.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by nikhilkrishna2003 »

I love the book is written and although the relationship between Sky and Dan is not so great, the thrill and suspense more than make up for it.
But i have to admit that I didn't really feel attached to the book like I usually do.
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
RachelRovere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachelrovere.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by RachelRovere »

There were aspects of the book I really liked, but overall I didn't think it was an extremely well written book. It read like a soap opera or a Harlequin romance. There wasn't much depth to the characters and a lot of the dialogue felt very unrealistic. I probably wouldn't pick up another book by this author but I think someone looking for a simple read in the romance genre would enjoy it.
mhPNW
Currently Reading: It Takes Two to Talk
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by mhPNW »

I appreciate all the honest comments. This definitely doesn't sound like a book I would enjoy.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

I didn't really care for the book. I didn't finish it. It sounded like a good plot, but I had trouble connecting to the characters.
THarveyReadALot
Currently Reading: Special Deliveries
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tharveyreadalot.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda
Reading Device: B07G92J7J3

Post by THarveyReadALot »

I don't know if I've posted on this book already. it seems like I have. Anyway, the story started out interesting, but I wasn't sure where Cynthia's relationship with Dan was going to go. I thought he was a little fast in inviting her to his apartment. That's not good for a gal to do with someone she just met, in my opinion. (they could have just stayed at the restaurant and talked, or gone to some other public place) It kind of happened in the last book I reviewed, A Police Action, about a Vietnam soldier and a girl he met at a bar, I think.
Wallaceo
Currently Reading: Daffodils
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wallaceo.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wallaceo »

This novel had a straight to the point beginning. It started on too much of a high point. I liked the storyline as it was rather exciting. What I did not like was the development of the characters as the first few chapters gave me no description of the characters physical appearance. I would recommend this book as it will keep you on edge. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
jasmine-louise
Currently Reading: The Book of God
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-louise.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by jasmine-louise »

I read a sample of this book and I really don't think I will read any more, I couldn't get into it
Mandy Males Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandy-males-cole.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Mandy Males Cole »

The title did not grab my attention and after reading the luke-warm reviews, I'll pass on this one.

Return to “Discuss "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer”