Days of Creation

Use this forum to discuss the August 2019 Book of the month, "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation: Old Testament Stories" by Val D. Greenwood.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Re: Days of Creation

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I think that the time frame is meant to be subjective. It can be interpreted in different ways so that everyone can make their own personal connections to everything in the Bible. I think that is the overall point in my personal opinion but I am not very knowledgeable with this subject matter.
Jimi Adewole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimi-adewole.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Jimi Adewole »

I think the question is rather immaterial. If we have the faith to believe in God's existence, the dynamics and specifics of time relative to creation becomes just as believable.
Experience is a harsh tutor for she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. - Vernon Law

You might as well read about it in a book.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

We cannot compare those 7 days with that of the present 7 days because the time duration would have been different. Maybe those day had time length comparable to today's years, i guess.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

I don't really know as there are a lot of mysteries revealed in the bible that can't understood by human. It states in the bible, days, and we have our own definition of days so who really knows if it is the same as it is now or not. God is sovereign and everything happens in His perfect timing.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

In my view, no one can say precisely whether it's 7 literal days or not. Even the Bible agrees that a day is like a thousand years before the Lord. Therefore, whether it was 7 or 7000 days/years remains a mystery yet to be unraveled.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

This is an interesting point you raised here. I believe strongly that the timing in the days of old is very different from what we have now. Also, the Bible clearly states that a thousand years in the eyes of man is like a day to the Lord.
wendilou49
Favorite Book: Code Name Lily
Currently Reading: So Into Her
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendilou49.html
Latest Review: Blossom ~ The Wild Ambassador of Tewksbury by Anna Carner
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by wendilou49 »

I believe that b the 7 days were 7 literal days. It says " the morning and the evening were the first day" genesis 1:5. I don't believe God took thousands of days to create the earth. There are places where the bible speaks in non literal terms such as in Daniel and Revelation, but there it says there word "like" to define that it is not speaking in literal terms.
Aftab Yunis
Currently Reading: The fourth Dimension
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aftab-yunis-hakim.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Aftab Yunis »

I disagree with the author's argument. This claim is not according to the biblical understanding, I believe that the creation account is in the literal sense (Psalm 104:7). Furthermore, there is another reason if someone rejects creation account being not literal then the ages of Adam's family do not make any sense to take it literally either.
Echezonachukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echezonachukwu.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Echezonachukwu »

Well, I know the calculation of time now is different, and I won't totally disagree
Ify-babe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-babe.html
Latest Review: The Spiritual Game of Golf . . . and of life by Gerald Collier Davis

Post by Ify-babe »

Considering the fact that the bible says that a thousand years is like a day with God, one could only assume and agree with the author.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

A thousand years is like a day before God so one does not really know the particular one the Bible must have made reference to.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Creation happened eons ago. And surely the days were not as they are in recent times. I want to disagree with the Author on this one though, God didn't need much energy or time to create the world, because He is God all he did was say the words and everything came alive
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I completely agree with the writer that the 7 days of creation mentioned in Genesis may not have been 7 days as we know it today. Let's just say that details on the actual duration of creation is an info God has kept from man.

Return to “Discuss "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation" by Val D. Greenwood”