God's love

Use this forum to discuss the August 2019 Book of the month, "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation: Old Testament Stories" by Val D. Greenwood.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Re: God's love

Post by Bennaji »

The story of Adam and Eve exemplifies God's love. Even when Adam and Eve offended God, his love for them still showed by not letting them go just like that.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

I think the story of how God delivered the Israelites from the hands of the Egyptians shows how much he cares and loves his children. When moses went up the mountain to talk to God and left them, they messed up by creating calfs and worshipping them. God still showed them mercy. Even after all their grumblings, God sent manna from heaven to feed them all. If that isn't love then I don't know what love is
Chiamaka Ezinne
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chiamaka Ezinne »

From the very beginning God's love was evident. From the creation of Adam and when He dimmed it fit that it wasn't good for him to be alone. That's love I see right there.
Secondly it's only a lover that will make one such a beautiful garden in Eden!!!
Finally God himself is love, therefore anywhere it was mentioned " In the beginning God created heaven and Earth" All I see is love expressly displayed.
Chiamaka Ezinne
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chiamaka Ezinne »

I wouldn't quickly see those stories as God's judgement rather an expression of love.
In the case of God planting the forbidden tree is to give man the leverage to make a choice. It's easier to get one who is subject to you to do all you want in the absence or non existence of his own will. It's only from the overflow of love that one cautions and child and still tells him or her to make a choice.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I see God's love littered all over the story. Even the very actions of God that seemed wicked on the surface were actually deep demonstrations of His love for mankind.

Return to “Discuss "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation" by Val D. Greenwood”