Who is your worst character . And state the reasons.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2019 Book of the month, "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation: Old Testament Stories" by Val D. Greenwood.
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Who is your worst character . And state the reasons.

Post by Browneh »

Lucifer is a villainous character of course, but I feel like sometimes he is portrayed as two-dimensional - he was a fallen angel after all. I believe that the spiritual entities - i.e. angels - are held up to different esteem than humans.

Therefore, Cain (the first murderer), a human is the worst character for me.
Once_a_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Once_a_reader »

My least favorite character is Jezebel. She is selfish, manipulative, and evil. She is an example of how a woman ought not to carry herself. Pharaoh is also unlikable. Tyrants and slave owners who have ruled since his time seem to borrow a leaf from his book.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I think the worst character is Lucifer, but I put characters into two categories - human and other. I cannot begin to imagine what happened to make Lucifer choose as he did. I literally have no words. As far as the human character, I had to think about that one for awhile. I think it would be Absalom. He was a son of David, and I would expect more of a fear of the Lord in David’s household, although there was a ton of dysfunction. I hated how Absalom suppressed his sister Tamar after she was raped and did nothing to help her. Even when he later killed his brother, her rapist, it seemed more of a dig at David for not doing anything to punish his firstborn than avenging her abuse. Most of all, I hated his manipulation in order to usurp the crown from David. He was also extremely handsome. Hmmm - seems like he and Lucifer share some common traits.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Akpome1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akpome1.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Akpome1 »

My worst character is Lucifer. All the sufferings that we have in the world today were caused by him yet he does not want to leave us alone. He is even getting worse every day.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

I agree that the worst character is Lucifer since he is the source of evil and he is the true villain. The fact that he wanted to overthrow God shows his vicious pride and the fact that he hates humans is evident throughout the Bible.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

My worst is Lucifer.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I had the Pharaoh as my worst character because of his stubborn nature that ultimately affected his subjects in the negative. His selfish nature procrastinated his accent to release the Israelites.
Bet on Me! :idea:
Ify-babe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-babe.html
Latest Review: The Spiritual Game of Golf . . . and of life by Gerald Collier Davis

Post by Ify-babe »

My worst character will be Sarah. I think she was indecisive, insecure and not faithful to God. God just had mercy on her by making Isaace come through her.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

I will have to agree with you. Lucifer remains the number one villain in the Bible. From the beginning to the end, the Bible talks about him/her.

Return to “Discuss "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation" by Val D. Greenwood”