Miracles

Use this forum to discuss the August 2019 Book of the month, "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation: Old Testament Stories" by Val D. Greenwood.
mensah2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mensah2.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Re: Miracles

Post by mensah2 »

Yes! God uses the little things that we have to glorify himself. He ask Moses to stretch just his rod on the red sea and the sea parted into two. To God be the glory!
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

HeatherEi wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 15:26 Great question! I really like the miracle of the splitting of the Red Sea and the Israelites walking across the dry, sea floor to escape Pharaoh's army. It would have been an amazing thing to see and experience!
I agree with your choice of miracle, as it would have been marvellous to pass through the Red Sea as if it was dry land, with two walls of water next to you! It also shows how much God loves his people, protecting and securing them from harm, which is something I particularly like about this miracle.
Akpome1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akpome1.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Akpome1 »

I like the miracle of making an individual into a great nation. God told Abraham that his children will be like the sand of the seashore and as the stars of heaven. At this time, he has no child of his own. Today, the nation of Israel is the fulfilment of that miraculous promise.
nchoate12
Currently Reading: 10 directions
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nchoate12.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Shadow Creek by Don Williams

Post by nchoate12 »

I think there were many great instances of miracles. It's also important to remember that even though we don't see the parting of the Read Sea or a giant flood. That there are still miracles around us always. Seen and unseen.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

The parting of the Red sea. Actually, I would have loved to see the face of Pharaoh when it happened.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

LV2R wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 21:59 I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation included many miracles that happened in the Old Testament. Name and describe a miracle and state what you liked or did not like about the miracle.

I like the miracle that the prophet Elisha did when a poor widow was in debt and her two sons were in danger of having to work off the debt as bondsmen. The woman only had a little oil that was of any value. Elisha told the woman to collect as many empty jars as she could find. Then, she poured the oil she had into the empty jars until all the jars were full. She was able to sell the oil and live off of the oil.
(Story #154)

This miracle reminds me that God will use whatever we have, even if it is a little, and multiply it to be not only enough but more than enough. I thought that it was too bad that the woman and her sons did not collect many more jars, as the oil stopped when there were no more jars to fill. However, it was more than enough.
I like when God turned Moses' staff into a snake :techie-studyingbrown:
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

The miracle of Sarah conceiving at 90 years of age. I keep imagining the scene; Sarah old and bent with age holding a baby, not a grandson or a great grand son, but her own son! It is awe-inspiring.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

When the Israelites needed to flee from Pharoah and his vicious men, they needed a miracle to achieve that escape. God made it possible by parting the red sea for them to exit. Thereafter, when Pharaoh's men came after them, the sea closed back and swallowed Pharaoh's men. That was a significant miracle for me.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

I did not dislike any miracle. The one in which the red sea was parted for the Children of God to walk past on dry ground, after which the sea was closed upon the enemy troop was one very fascinating miracle. It showed that God was not just watching, he found for his Children too.
RachelEmmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachelemmanuel.html
Latest Review: Daddy’s Baby Mama’s Maybe by Come Lamore
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by RachelEmmanuel »

Every miracle in the Bible gives us a glimpse into the love, protection, provision and guidance of God. I love each one of those stories!
1 Cor 15: 19-20, 26 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead...The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
Essywa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essywa.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Post by Essywa »

A dead man was buried next to Elisha, when his body touched Elisha's bones when he was being lowered down to the grave ,he came back to life. It shows that God is in charge of life he can bring it back and also take it away.
gurpreetkaur
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by gurpreetkaur »

Explained book in one line, wow! thanks, Essywa. I am going to read it soon :-)
gurpreetkaur
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading:
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by gurpreetkaur »

True!
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

I like the story of the poor widow and Elisha. It shows me that most times what we need for our breakthrough is not far fetched but within our grasp. It was the oil in the widow's house that God used for her breakthrough.
Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by Ogbara »

The miracle i like is that of the four leprous men that God amplified their footsteps and chased the Syrians away. 2kings 7:3-20

Return to “Discuss "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation" by Val D. Greenwood”