Overall rating and opinion of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Haden9280
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.

Post by Haden9280 »

I am enjoying this book tremendously. I feel Every time I start to read it, I'm stepping into a fantasy world. Having said that, this book is extremely similar to Harry Potter. I can compare every character to one from Harry Potter. The character and plot are only slightly different, but it would seem that the author got most of his inspiration from the harry potter series. I am enjoying it and can't wait to see how it ends!
SHALLU RAWAL
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shallu-rawal.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by SHALLU RAWAL »

I only read the sample of the book. But from its review it seems like a great book. I really like fiction story. So I'll definitely read it when I get a hold on the book.
jackielee47516
Currently Reading: Pioneer Girl
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackielee47516.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by jackielee47516 »

This sounds like a great read for me. I like the fantasy idea of echoland and the mystery and intrigue of the plot. I enjoy stories with parallel worlds. It seems the reviews are pretty positive as well. I sampled the book and the illustrations look beautiful and sometimes chilling. I will be making time to read this one soon.
Marlaszw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlaszw.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Marlaszw »

I liked the premise of this book, the general plot, and character development. However, I did not enjoy reading it as the writing was choppy, jumping scenes without transitions. The quality of the writing needs work. A good content editor could make this book shine. I kept having to scroll back and reread to figure out what was going on, this is not something I normally need to do and it broke the story for me.
nchoate12
Currently Reading: 10 directions
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nchoate12.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Shadow Creek by Don Williams

Post by nchoate12 »

Overall, I thought it was a decent book. It was original enough to get my attention but some concepts were difficult to grasp.
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

Oh! I really loved this book. I am an ardent fan of fantasy fiction. First of all I really liked the cover of the book. Secondly, at the beginning I really didn't understand what is happening. But as I continued the characters took more shape and the plot flowed easily. It's a really good read.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Kelsey Fulton
Favorite Book: Villette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-fulton.html
Latest Review: Man Shark by Gerald Knight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kelsey Fulton »

I love the idea of parallel worlds, and having "echoes" that parallel the "sounds" in this world sounds particularly fascinating. It is interesting that this is a YA book but contains some violence and bigger words that teenagers might not fully understand. I have only read a bit but am eager to see if Will can save his sister Emmy.
"Everything is nothing, with a twist." -Kurt Vonnegut
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I liked the book but I felt that the background was not fully explained and it made the novel a bit shallow.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

I would say I enjoyed reading about the concept of having humans and echos. The world-building was great, but there were some confusing scenes. 3 out of 4 for me.
nagadurga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nagadurga.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by nagadurga »

I enjoy fantasy stories. I loved the idea of humans and echos. The book is interesting and I recommend it to all the readers who love fantasy stories. I rate this book 3 out of 4 because it has some scenes that are not fully explained and some words that are hard to understand.
tannus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tannus.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by tannus »

Leah39 wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 07:48 What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

While this genre is completely out of my usual niche, I was interested in the story. I gave it a shot and I really did enjoy it. I found it to be well written, interesting, and full of action without being over the top. I absolutely loved this book. I liked that Will trusted his instincts and knew that he had to rely on the help of others, rather than try to do everything alone. I liked that the author was able to tell an entire story without any profanity or sex in it, keeping it squeaky clean and having her targeted audience in mind.

The thing I liked the least was that sometimes the author used some difficult words ("lucent" and "cupiscent,") and that the Audible narrator used the word "lucent" far too often, rather than using a synonym sometimes. These words could be challenging for older readers, and may be tough for younger readers.

I would recommend this book to everyone, except maybe young children. While the story involves adolescents, the themes still resonate for adults.While it's marketed as a YA book, it's not only for young adults. Older adults can also enjoy the imaginative story and fantastic world that the author has created.
Thank you for you opinion. I was struggling to decide to read or not, as I dont like fantasy :!:
Sandra K Pearson
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-k-pearson.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Post by Sandra K Pearson »

I would really like to read this one. Anything compared to Harry Potter has to be good.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Jorge Luis Borjes
GinaMorry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginamorry.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by GinaMorry »

I really enjoyed reading the book because of the interesting story line of a parallel universe. I usually choose books that are fantasy or mystery. This book was both because there was also a murder to solve. It was nice how the main characters were kids because their innocence and friendship was refreshing. I definitely recommend reading it if you are looking for something new and different.
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

I haven't read the book yet but seeing it at the top of the discussion is making me want to read it soon.
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
kathey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by kathey »

I haven't read the book yet but from the reviews I've read it sounds like a great book that I might read when I have time since it's not in one of my favorite genres.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”