Sounds and Echoes

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
MirageParul
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miragep.html
Latest Review: Hello God Where Are You by Sherryann Philogene
fav_author_id: 2791

Re: Sounds and Echoes

Post by MirageParul »

Kro92813 wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 22:48 I dont think a lot of young adults will pick up on the "anti-racism" message, but adults definitly will. It's kind of like rewatching a movie from your childhood to find all the adult humor that flew over your head when you were little!

I definitly found the two worlds descriptions of the half Echo/ half Sounds to be interesting and very fitting! It's amazing how one word (Mongrel vs Harmony) can paint such a different picture.

And side note: Nicholas aka Frankenstein was the one who said the line about all will be equal - not the prince. It was one of my highlights :P
Yes! I hadn't realized it, but now that you mention it, just the one word, Harmony, makes such a world of difference.. The magic of words and how they affect us!
"I've realised that anyone can be a critic but it takes a remarkable person to offer praise."
-Louise Penny, in the acknowledgements section of "Still Life"
Marlaszw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlaszw.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Marlaszw »

Young adults may not get the allegory to racism in the book, but they will understand the message all the same. They will fall in love with different types of characters and want all those characters to be able to live happily ever after, which means together with equal rights. Treating everyone as fully human is one of several important messages present in this book.
bookreviews1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by bookreviews1 »

Agree with all the comments about the book promoting anti-racist message for all. With both world of echoes and sounds working together. Book's also intriguing fascination, would recommending to friends and family.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”