Questions for the author

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Questions for the author

Post by gali »

If you got the chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?

I would be interested to know if a sequel is planned.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Leah39
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah39.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Leah39 »

I'd like to also know if there is another book in the works!

Also, there were a lot of Hebrew words used in the book, which I found to be uncommon, but a welcome surprise. Hebrew references are rare to find in books (but I knew as soon as she wrote "Olàm" which means world. I wonder if she has a background in Hebrew language studies?
Benthic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benthic.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by Benthic »

I would really like to ask the author about his same name librarian friend in Echoland and how much they have in common.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Kro92813 »

Benthic wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 01:15 I would really like to ask the author about his same name librarian friend in Echoland and how much they have in common.

Are you talking about Pellucid? It's obviously a pen name, but at the end of the book when Will is healing in the Prince's ward, he gets a message from Pellucid about how she is going to write a book about Will's adventures. So there is the link ;)
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

I would like to ask more about olam shone. We get such a small glimpse into that world. I would be curious to learn more
Washboard
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-washboard.html
Latest Review: The Sunken Forest by R. Barber Anderson

Post by Washboard »

I would love to commend the author for the strong anti-racism message of this book and to ask if there are other messages planned for future books, such as anti-sexism or something similar. I think literature is a great way to create social change and would like to see more in the future!
“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.” ― George Orwell, 1984.
Benthic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benthic.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by Benthic »

Kro92813 wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 22:52
Benthic wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 01:15 I would really like to ask the author about his same name librarian friend in Echoland and how much they have in common.

Are you talking about Pellucid? It's obviously a pen name, but at the end of the book when Will is healing in the Prince's ward, he gets a message from Pellucid about how she is going to write a book about Will's adventures. So there is the link ;)
Yeah, I am talking about Pellucid. I would definitely love to ask the author how much of the character is similar to her.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

I wanted to know more about the magic behind Echoland. For instance, how did the looms work to create weather and to allow a Sound into Echoland?
Sana Rabbani
Currently Reading: Geraldine
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sana-rabbani.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sana Rabbani »

I wonder what actual purpose did the pets in the story have? So, yeah! this is the question.
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Post by djr6090 »

I wonder if she crafted any of the illustrations before she added the content they depict. The world she created could have any number of pictorial representations. I kind of picture Echoland as a Dali or Esher painting...everything can a little hard to comprehend.
Helene_2008
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helene-2008.html
Latest Review: Like A Mousetrap by Brandon Ellrich

Post by Helene_2008 »

I'd love to ask where the author got the idea or inspiration for the book. How did you come up with the idea of two births at the beginning of life, a sound and an echo? I thought it was a unique and brilliant idea.
wordslinger42
Currently Reading: The Lost Road and Other Writings
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordslinger42.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by wordslinger42 »

I would have to echo a lot of the comments I've seen. I would like to know if a sequel is planned and if the author has plans for this to be a longer series or just a trilogy. I would also love to know more about Dew Pellucid. What was the inspiration for creating the pen name and using it as a character in the story?
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

I would probably ask about the importance of thr Fate Sealers and what kind of role they would play in the sequel.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

wordslinger42 wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 10:47 I would have to echo a lot of the comments I've seen. I would like to know if a sequel is planned and if the author has plans for this to be a longer series or just a trilogy. I would also love to know more about Dew Pellucid. What was the inspiration for creating the pen name and using it as a character in the story?
I dont have all the answers, but I can tell you a little about her pen name!

Dew Pellucid is the pen name of Tal Boldo (Tal being the Hebrew word for Dew, and Dew being an Echo's name)

Pellucid by definition means translucently clear.

So it does make sense :)
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Nisha Ward wrote: 13 Sep 2019, 17:26 I would probably ask about the importance of thr Fate Sealers and what kind of role they would play in the sequel.
I think the importance of the fate sealers was to carry out the law of killing. They were controlled by the false king to gather the sounds of echos he wanted killed. When a sound died the echo had to follow and the fate sealers would carry out that task.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”