Who was the invisible man?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Re: Who was the invisible man?

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 03:46
Kro92813 wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 21:09
Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 11:08
I don't think he was detailing the exact time we're discussing. All this proves is that he watched them and he has the power of invisibility.
except for the fact during this monologue Valerian is tieing up all of the loose ends throughout the story. I dont think the author would throw in a random event she hadn't mentioned in the book of watching them struggle to get into the ant chamber. The only instance they struggled to get in was when they didn't realize the chamber door was already opened - and the invisible man pointed their way in.

Your counter-argument that Tear is the invisible man is weak at best and FULL of speculation.
I don't know about commiting myself to your speculation just because you see mine as weak at best, so I'll hold out for the author's verification rather than continue this banter.
I look forward to that :)
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 03:43
Nicole_Boyd wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 01:26 I don't know who this could have been... Hopefully Pellucid will answer this one on the next book?
I truly believe that she will.
I dont think she will because she already has in this one
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I have no idea who it was. I felt like it was one of the many unfinished parts of the story left behind in the end.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Akpome1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akpome1.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Akpome1 »

I agree with the suggestion that the invisible man is Tear because of the role he played with Will.
vermontelf
Currently Reading: The faerie wand
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermontelf.html
Latest Review: The Follower by L. Hillis

Post by vermontelf »

I thought there were a lot of unanswered questions in the book (not necessarily a bad thing) such as the invisible man. I had the impression that there were at least two, but it’s been so long now since I read it (several books between) that I cannot hive evidence to this opinion. Did anyone else feel that there might be two while they were reading?
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

Kro92813 wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 07:29
corinaelena wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 01:20 I honestly have no idea...maybe in a future book, he will make another appearance? Is it weird I didn't even give this a second thought until this very moment? Thank you for giving me a full day of thinking ahead!

Regarding the other comment on this post, I also don't think it was Tear, he would have never left... I am waiting to be proven wrong though!
Not weird because it seems so insignificant, but I feel like eventually no detail in this story is insignificant in the end! On of 128 we see this apparition for the first time. Then on pg 165 it mentioned one last time: "The shock on Peter’s face showed that he understood. Earlier that evening outside the great fireplace, an invisible Echo had shown them the way into Auralius’ cell. But who could it have been?"

I'm sort of leaning toward Valerian since he could turn invisible and dipped his fingers in guiding the story into the direction he had wanted it to go. I'm not sure though!

Yeah, I thought it was Valerian too.
nchoate12
Currently Reading: 10 directions
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nchoate12.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Shadow Creek by Don Williams

Post by nchoate12 »

Since this is one part of other books I'm sure it's meant to be one of those continuing mysteries.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I guess that the invisible man was Tear since he was imprisoned in the mirror.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

Kro92813 wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 07:29
corinaelena wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 01:20 I honestly have no idea...maybe in a future book, he will make another appearance? Is it weird I didn't even give this a second thought until this very moment? Thank you for giving me a full day of thinking ahead!

Regarding the other comment on this post, I also don't think it was Tear, he would have never left... I am waiting to be proven wrong though!
Not weird because it seems so insignificant, but I feel like eventually no detail in this story is insignificant in the end! On of 128 we see this apparition for the first time. Then on pg 165 it mentioned one last time: "The shock on Peter’s face showed that he understood. Earlier that evening outside the great fireplace, an invisible Echo had shown them the way into Auralius’ cell. But who could it have been?"

I'm sort of leaning toward Valerian since he could turn invisible and dipped his fingers in guiding the story into the direction he had wanted it to go. I'm not sure though!
This was actually my thought too! I made the connection between him becoming invisible and the invisible person and just kind of assumed that they were the same.
Marlaszw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlaszw.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Marlaszw »

I don't know. I felt that it was just a loose end overlooked by the author. But it is possible that the character is one we have not yet met and will be revealed in a future book. If we were supposed to figure out who it was then I think the clues were just a little too vague. Maybe it just didn't matter? I don't know.
ronmathewalx
Currently Reading: Exiles' Escape
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronmathewalx.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by ronmathewalx »

I think that the Invisible Man was Valerian. He knows where the Ant Chamber is and he can turn invisible. Tear is also a possible answer but I don't think Tear will come to Echoland just to show Will where to go.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I quite agree that the invincible man was Tear...though his shy outward nature remains a smokescreen.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”