Who was the invisible man?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Who was the invisible man?

Post by Kro92813 »

When Will and Peter go to the ant chamber to meet with Prince William, an invisible man points them in the right direction (to enter the ant chamber). Who was this guy? The author reflects a little while later that Will and Peter did not know who it was and I dont think it was answered in the story (if it was I did not connect the dots lol). Who do you think (or know) this character was?
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Post by djr6090 »

For some reason I thought it was Tear. His imprisonment in the mirror was on my mind. Just like him, Auralius was imprisoned in the ant room.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

djr6090 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 08:41 For some reason I thought it was Tear. His imprisonment in the mirror was on my mind. Just like him, Auralius was imprisoned in the ant room.
Interesting! I would never have thought of Tear! But he was extremely "lucent" when Will first met him, so it definitly could have been. But I also got the impression from Tear that he was way too shy and scared to leave his sanctuary. After all if he left he wouldnt be able to celebrate his birthday every day! Haha and ar the end of the book Will and Emmy return to Tears garden to convince him to leave and go back to Echoland, so that makes me think he never left at all? But who knows!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

djr6090 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 08:41 For some reason I thought it was Tear. His imprisonment in the mirror was on my mind. Just like him, Auralius was imprisoned in the ant room.
I agree with your assessment. Tear seems the perfect candidate to have been the invisible man.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

I honestly have no idea...maybe in a future book, he will make another appearance? Is it weird I didn't even give this a second thought until this very moment? Thank you for giving me a full day of thinking ahead!

Regarding the other comment on this post, I also don't think it was Tear, he would have never left... I am waiting to be proven wrong though!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

corinaelena wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 01:20 I honestly have no idea...maybe in a future book, he will make another appearance? Is it weird I didn't even give this a second thought until this very moment? Thank you for giving me a full day of thinking ahead!

Regarding the other comment on this post, I also don't think it was Tear, he would have never left... I am waiting to be proven wrong though!
I honestly believe that it could have been Tear...despite the his shy outward nature.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

corinaelena wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 01:20 I honestly have no idea...maybe in a future book, he will make another appearance? Is it weird I didn't even give this a second thought until this very moment? Thank you for giving me a full day of thinking ahead!

Not weird because it seems so insignificant, but I feel like eventually no detail in this story is insignificant in the end! On of 128 we see this apparition for the first time. Then on pg 165 it mentioned one last time: "The shock on Peter’s face showed that he understood. Earlier that evening outside the great fireplace, an invisible Echo had shown them the way into Auralius’ cell. But who could it have been?"

I'm sort of leaning toward Valerian since he could turn invisible and dipped his fingers in guiding the story into the direction he had wanted it to go. I'm not sure though!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 07:29

Not weird because it seems so insignificant, but I feel like eventually no detail in this story is insignificant in the end! On of 128 we see this apparition for the first time. Then on pg 165 it mentioned one last time: "The shock on Peter’s face showed that he understood. Earlier that evening outside the great fireplace, an invisible Echo had shown them the way into Auralius’ cell. But who could it have been?"

I'm sort of leaning toward Valerian since he could turn invisible and dipped his fingers in guiding the story into the direction he had wanted it to go. I'm not sure though!
While Victor Valorian had a skill set and motive to do this, it would have been unnecessary for him to . This is why I think it was Tear.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 07:37

While Victor Valorian had a skill set and motive to do this, it would have been unnecessary for him to . This is why I think it was Tear.
Idk i really dont think it was Tear. He was waaayyyy to scared to leave when will offered in the beginning of the book after first meeting him. Then at the end of the book when Will, Peter, and Emmy go back to Tears garden Pellucid writes: "But it was Emmy who convinced the lonely boy to overcome his fears and leave his hideaway."

I really dont think he would have left before knowing that Olam Shone was waiting for him. Especially byhimself.. he was simply too scared
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

I revisited Valerians confession and this part makes me think it was him: "All this time, I’ve been following you.” Valerian’s hovering eyes slid to look at Will. “Just had to get rid of the scent of cherry tobacco, and you had no idea I was there, invisible, watching your pathetic struggles to get into Auralius’ room…to avoid Pellucid’s eyes…the Fate Sealers, Splash Slippery. By Fortune, you were a magnet for disaster!"

So he was there when they were attempting to get into the ant chamber. They were struggling to get in so he decided to "help them out" (possibly so they could witness Auralius kill his father? Which obviously didnt happen but that was the intention...
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 21:12

Idk i really dont think it was Tear. He was waaayyyy to scared to leave when will offered in the beginning of the book after first meeting him. Then at the end of the book when Will, Peter, and Emmy go back to Tears garden Pellucid writes: "But it was Emmy who convinced the lonely boy to overcome his fears and leave his hideaway."

I really dont think he would have left before knowing that Olam Shone was waiting for him. Especially byhimself.. he was simply too scared
I think it was Teal because his shyness was only in the presence of company. We do not know what he actually is like alone.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 02:49

I think it was Teal because his shyness was only in the presence of company. We do not know what he actually is like alone.
That is true that we dont know how he behaves when alone, but I dont think he came off as shy in front of company. He was so excited to be with someone else when Will dropped by! He was outgoing in an awkward and quirky way! But when Will suggested they leave together that'swhen he became timid and scared and shy.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 07:15

That is true that we dont know how he behaves when alone, but I dont think he came off as shy in front of company. He was so excited to be with someone else when Will dropped by! He was outgoing in an awkward and quirky way! But when Will suggested they leave together that'swhen he became timid and scared and shy.
I am sure on e Will left that he had more than enough incentive to leave his place.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 07:18

I am sure on e Will left that he had more than enough incentive to leave his place.
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one :eusa-think:

They wouldnt have had to convince Tear to leave his garden at the end of the book if he was ok leaving in the first place!

Where is Dew Pellucid when we need her?! Lol this is my new question for the author! :lol2:
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 14:49
Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 07:18

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one :eusa-think:

They wouldnt have had to convince Tear to leave his garden at the end of the book if he was ok leaving in the first place!

Where is Dew Pellucid when we need her?! Lol this is my new question for the author! :lol2:
Excellent question for the author.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”