Point of view

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Point of view

Post by Kro92813 »

If you could read this story from another characters point of view, who would you choose and why?
wordslinger42
Currently Reading: The Lost Road and Other Writings
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordslinger42.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by wordslinger42 »

I think I would choose Dew Pellucid. For me, her character needed some more development. I felt that Pellucid has a lot of potential as a character, and reading the story from her point of view would add a lot to the story and provide some insight into her character!
KDJ
Favorite Book: Elenor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdj.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by KDJ »

I would use Victor Valerian's POV. I want to know what was going through his head when he was with the king, before and after he killed him. And I want to know what he was thinking when the false king cut off his limb.
He that loves reading has everything within his reach. —William Godwin
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

wordslinger42 wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 09:51 I think I would choose Dew Pellucid. For me, her character needed some more development. I felt that Pellucid has a lot of potential as a character, and reading the story from her point of view would add a lot to the story and provide some insight into her character!
I thought this too. It's kind of ironic though because the book is technically "written" by her, but we dont discover that until the end and there is no hinting of that throughout the entire book. For being the "omniescent" character we dont get the story from her POV and honestly don't learn much about her either!
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

KDJ wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 10:11 I would use Victor Valerian's POV. I want to know what was going through his head when he was with the king, before and after he killed him. And I want to know what he was thinking when the false king cut off his limb.
This would definitly be an interesting twist on the book! We would get to see his innocent and helpful facade in front of everyone and then hear his evil plots and thoughts inside his head as well.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

I think it would be interesting to hear from Dew Pellucids POV as well! Now that we know she was keeping an eye on Will in order to tell his story, it would be neat to see what she saw and thought during his adventures
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Also I would like to year Emmys story since she really didnt play a huge role in this one
wordslinger42
Currently Reading: The Lost Road and Other Writings
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordslinger42.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by wordslinger42 »

Kro92813 wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 10:34
wordslinger42 wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 09:51 I think I would choose Dew Pellucid. For me, her character needed some more development. I felt that Pellucid has a lot of potential as a character, and reading the story from her point of view would add a lot to the story and provide some insight into her character!
I thought this too. It's kind of ironic though because the book is technically "written" by her, but we dont discover that until the end and there is no hinting of that throughout the entire book. For being the "omniescent" character we dont get the story from her POV and honestly don't learn much about her either!
I agree! If there's a second book, I'm really hoping that the author takes the time to develop her character more!
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

I haven’t read the book, so I can’t say from which character’s perspective I’d want to read the book. But I can say that this is a very powerful device! In life and in literature, considering a story from another’s p.o.v. can be downright mind-expanding.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

I would like to read this book from Peter's point of view. He was the one most present during all the adventure once Will turned up at the orphanage. To get the rest of the story about Will's life, the author would probably just have to have Will tell the story to Peter. I feel like the book would have a lot of humor if written from Peter's point of view, too. Plus, I absolutely love Poudini, so I'm sure he would have a bigger role as well.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

Kro92813 wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 10:54 Also I would like to year Emmys story since she really didnt play a huge role in this one
Hearing the story from Emmy's point of view would be super interesting. I feel like it could actually be a separate book the author could write.
Washboard
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-washboard.html
Latest Review: The Sunken Forest by R. Barber Anderson

Post by Washboard »

I think it would be really cool to read the same story from Drinkwater's perspective!

If the author was going to write additional stories, I would want to hear more about Damien's and Daya's story before they rescued Will.
“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.” ― George Orwell, 1984.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Kaylee123 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 11:05 I would like to read this book from Peter's point of view. He was the one most present during all the adventure once Will turned up at the orphanage. To get the rest of the story about Will's life, the author would probably just have to have Will tell the story to Peter. I feel like the book would have a lot of humor if written from Peter's point of view, too. Plus, I absolutely love Poudini, so I'm sure he would have a bigger role as well.
Yes!! Peter was a funny and entertaining kid! I bet that would change the mood of the story completely since I feel like will was more serious and "beyond his years" in a sense
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Kaylee123 wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 11:06
Kro92813 wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 10:54 Also I would like to year Emmys story since she really didnt play a huge role in this one
Hearing the story from Emmy's point of view would be super interesting. I feel like it could actually be a separate book the author could write.
Very true! It would be interesting to hear about her time in shadowpain and why she did to help in the background of Wills adventures
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Washboard wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 13:35 I think it would be really cool to read the same story from Drinkwater's perspective!

If the author was going to write additional stories, I would want to hear more about Damien's and Daya's story before they rescued Will.
Drinkwater came off as such a quirky old man, but he definitly would have an interesting story to tell! He knew a lot more than what was let on!

Damien and daya would be a good perspective too! Knowing their lives before Will, when he came into their lives at 2, and following him around for 10 years inside dead animals - yeah I could dig that;)

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”