You Tube trailer

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Re: You Tube trailer

Post by Monet_va »

I loved how eerie the voice in the trailer was. I found it really intriguing and it's what made me choose to read this book. I loved how mysterious and fantastical it felt and I think it was done really well.
MirageParul
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miragep.html
Latest Review: Hello God Where Are You by Sherryann Philogene
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by MirageParul »

cpru68 wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 14:38 I am struggling with this book because I’m having a difficult time visualizing what I am reading. I usually don’t have that problem. The trailer seemed to make clear the premise of the story with the illustrations from the story. I guess I’m not impressed, and maybe I am the wrong demographic for this story. It’s just not resonating with me. I know there have been comments that it is similar to Harry Potter, but why not be something new? I am going to finish it. I’m just hoping I get to a point where I’m liking it. The trailer was okay but not jaw dropping.
I agree with your views. Also, I was unable to find any parallels with Harry Potter in the trailer.
"I've realised that anyone can be a critic but it takes a remarkable person to offer praise."
-Louise Penny, in the acknowledgements section of "Still Life"
justjim
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Trying to Save Piggy Sneed
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justjim.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by justjim »

The trailer for The Crystilleries of Echoland is very well done. It's compelling and really got me interested in finding out more about the story. The narrater's voice didn't impress me much, but other than that I liked it.
"Never memorize something that you can look up." Albert Einstein
ronmathewalx
Currently Reading: Exiles' Escape
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronmathewalx.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by ronmathewalx »

The voice is somewhat spooky however the visuals were not that creepy because I had already seen the pictures in the book. The trailer, however, was good(overall).
B_evans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-evans.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by B_evans »

I was a little uncomfortable throughout this trailer. This is disappointing since I appreciated the story description and artwork, but the woman's voice and tone did not watch the mood of the book at all. She tried too hard to be whimsical and ended up sounding almost seductive and evil. They should have used the same man that narrated the audiobook version, B.J. Harrison.
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

The trailer was a little too creepy for my taste. The voice over was sooo eerie. Although I did watch the entire thing so maybe it wasn't that bad.
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
Jasy95
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasy95.html
Latest Review: The Data Collectors by Danielle Palli

Post by Jasy95 »

I really liked the trailer! I thought it was really engaging and appealing, and seemed to correspond with the vibe of the series. My only complaint was that the transitions between images seemed unnecessary and outdated.
Rheta Flanders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rheta-flanders.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Rheta Flanders »

I watched and listened to two of the trailers(there are more). Oh, so creepy, but beguiling. They are certainly creepier when you close your eyes. The visual stimuli reduce the vibes intended I dare say.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”