Overall rating and opinion of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
BreathofFreshAriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breathoffreshariel.html
Latest Review: The Survival of the Richest by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by BreathofFreshAriel »

Good to know it's more sci-fi than romance. I don't think I'll bother with this one, not really up my alley. Thanks to everyone being honest about the nature of the novel.
"We don't see things how they are, we see them as we are."
- Rabbi Shemuel ben Nachmani, as quoted in the Talmudic tractate Berakhot (55b.)
GiselleBengochea
Currently Reading: Nathan Turner and the New World Order
Bookshelf Size: 1720
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gisellebengochea.html
Latest Review: Terror In Manila by Frank Q. Aurillo Jr

Post by GiselleBengochea »

:no-spoil: E.M.P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer--The title of the book is ironic since it is not a Romance Novel but it is a work of Science Fiction. Perhaps the author wanted to display a bit of sarcasm in naming this book. There is no co- relation between the word "Honey Moon" and terrorist attack. Despite this fact, it is exciting, fast paced and action packed!
The conclusion of the book would be deemed my favourite part of the story. Although I did not have the opportunity to review this book, I would rate it as 4 out of 4 stars and I would recommend it to mixed audiences who are interested in action, and science fiction novels.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Thinking this was a romantic novel, I was doubtful whether to read it or not.. But reading the reviews, it seems that this is an action-packed book. So I guess I’ll go ahead and read this.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

I loved this book and would readily recommend it to another reader.The author did a very good job
Glory Oghenerukevwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-oghenerukevwe.html
Latest Review: Junk Justice by Gerry Rising

Post by Glory Oghenerukevwe »

This is a good action novel that I'd recommend to sci-fi lovers but the title was rather misleading.
Divergent_2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-2020.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Divergent_2020 »

Despite the title sounding like it's a romantic book, I read it because my friend recommended it. And am glad that I did.
I actually enjoyed the book as it had more action and less romance. I would rate it 3 out of 4 and recommend it to those who like reading fast paced action stories.
dsir
Currently Reading: Beyond The Threshold
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dsir.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dsir »

Though Kelly and Tom indent to enjoy their honeymoon, it turns out the opposite. I like the way the author combines romance and terrorism. I recommend the book to youth and adults. I would rate it 4 out of 4.
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

although i am a romance genre lover this action book has gotten my attention. i will continue reading it to see the ending then i will give my correct rating but to the point i have read to it just perfect to get 4 stars from me.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

This book is an action packed one filled with intriguing characters. The storyline is engaging and i also love the relationship between the different characters.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

I gave it a 1 out of 4, I really liked the EMP concept, but there were tons of errors, the characters were all very flat, and the ending was so abrupt. It could have been really good with some editing!
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I finished reading the book today and I'll be giving it 2 out of 4 stars. While I liked the plot and the initial part of the book, it failed to create tension later and things seemed a bit too easy. The end seemed a bit rushed and confusing.
Snigdha Pandey
Favorite Author: David Levithan
Favorite Book: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Currently Reading: One last stop
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-pandey.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 5798

Post by Snigdha Pandey »

I just finished reviewing the book and gave it 3 out of 4 stars. The book was action - packed, which I enjoyed. I loved the concept. But I did not like the complete lack of communication between Tom and Kelly. They are supposed to be the protagonists, and there is not even one proper conversation between them. Their honeymoon has been ruined, Tom is just going out snooping without even telling Kelly, Kelly was visibly shaken after getting those files in the drive; and they never even discussed one of these. Also, the dialogues mostly just sounded like gossips. I would expect a lot more formality from these people, but there was none. All of this felt very weird.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

I liked this book. I gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I liked how supportive Tom is and the strong female characters. I did not like how the focus shifted between so many characters. I have already recommended it to several people.
Mydustybooks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mydustybooks.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Mydustybooks »

2 chapters in to the audio book and although I'm actually enjoying the story, I could do without the authors name and title before every chapter. It totally takes me out of the experience.
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

I honestly don't know what I was expecting when I read this book. The name should have been a foreshadowing of the frivolity I was to find within its pages. The book was riddled with grammatical errors, and the author divides it into subsections using subheadings. This gave away major plot developments towards the end, which wasn't fun. I was so intrigued by the opening page, but sadly the book did not live up to its promise to deliver thrills. It was like a Nancy Drew Mystery: great for kids but a little over-the-top for adult readers. I therefore gave it a rating of 1 out of 4.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”