Overall rating and opinion of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
gschauer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gschauer.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by gschauer »

I really enjoyed this story. It was fast and action packed; maybe a little too much action. The characters were well-developed and the story did have some humor in it. I don't think it's so much of a romantic story, as is foreshadowed by the title, but rather an action story. I was glad to see some strong female characters in this story.
Oliver_books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-books.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by Oliver_books »

Exciting as the blurb is, it is nothing compared to the actual experience of reading the novel itself. I recommend E-M-P Honeymoon for anyone who likes to read a complex, fast-paced espionage, a page-turner with plenty of action.
Kelsey Fulton
Favorite Book: Villette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-fulton.html
Latest Review: Man Shark by Gerald Knight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kelsey Fulton »

It's good to hear that this is more of an action novel than a romance novel. I was considering reading it because I do enjoy romance from time to time (as well as action) and the beginning starts out strong. I'm interested in learning more about the characters and their relationships.
"Everything is nothing, with a twist." -Kurt Vonnegut
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

The beginning of the story is very captivating, but the author got stuck at being informative, while giving an in depth analysis to her readers. I loved the fact that she added links so as to avoid plagiarism and show the authenticity of her knowledge. The character, traits and the plot are also well developed. I recommend this book to lovers of information and technology and those that cherish reading in general.
Oliver_books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-books.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by Oliver_books »

Once you've plunged into E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer and read a couple of pages, you immediately get that sense of timelessness. The twist and turns abound in this book, always something new and threatening around every corner. :techie-studyinggray:
My rating: 3 out of 4 stars.
Gacau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gacau.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Gacau »

Abandoning honeymoon and engaging in an investigative task is a sign of great sacrifice and awkward at the same time though honeymoon and terrorism doesn't seem to blend well.
The title given to the book does not reflect the content in the book. I think that even the grouping as a romance book is misled.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

I am truly hoping to enjoy reading this book as most of you are. I have just started and I can just feel that it is going to be awesome.
MA
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Falconcrest »

I have not yet read the whole book, i was just able to read the sample and i loved what i read. The author did a marvelous job of moving from one perspective to the other. In one moment you would be terrorist and in another instace you would become a U.S senator.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

I have sampled this book and it seems like it is a thriller full of suspense, drama, and tension, as well as some romance.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

I also found the book cover and the title intriguing, as it made me want to sample the book.
godly02
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godly02.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by godly02 »

jeminah28 wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 20:01 I love to read spy novel and this book satisfies my interest. I already rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. I like the way the author put some 'tensions' throughout the story.
I love when a story has tension it so draws me in big time.
godly02
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godly02.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by godly02 »

CYSON DOROPH wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 10:42 The beginning of the story is very captivating, but the author got stuck at being informative, while giving an in depth analysis to her readers. I loved the fact that she added links so as to avoid plagiarism and show the authenticity of her knowledge. The character, traits and the plot are also well developed. I recommend this book to lovers of information and technology and those that cherish reading in general.
Your recommendation sums me up in a nutshell. It has me wondering if I need to pick this book up.
Hannalore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannalore.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by Hannalore »

I would recommend this book to action themed book lovers and the romance lovers will be disappointed.
Megapede
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megapede.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Megapede »

The book was an interesting and intriguing action packed read. I loved the author's writing style though I have to agree that the title was somewhat misleading.
kareemMuhammad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kareemMuhammad »

I thoroughly enjoyed the author’s writing style and was thrilled at how quickly I felt drawn to the characters and the story. I will definitely be adding this book to my reading list.
I noted some comments on how the title is somewhat misleading and I feel like I have to agree. Not knowing what EMP means and reading honeymoon, some people might expect more of romance from this book.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”