Favorite and least favorite parts of the book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Re: Favorite and least favorite parts of the book?

Post by ciecheesemeister »

Honestly, I liked the interview where the EMPs and other scientific explanations the best. I could have done with a bit more of that sort of thing.
Blindjew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blindjew.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Blindjew »

My favorite part of the book would have to be the beginning, where Kelly's dangerous situation had actual suspense and potentially dire consequences. Later, when the usual suspects have arrived on the scene, so to speak, to use their bevy of expertise and convenient prowess to make everything fall together so easily, that was my least favorite part. I like there to be a feeling of actual consequence, but it was too 'safe' feeling with the collection of characters being superly competent.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

I liked the scenes of the story in which Tom and Kelly were having fun time during their honeymoon trip! In some moments, happiness becomes the way of life! I did not like that Kelly is chased by a man far away from where the tour bus was. It was difficult for me to accept that Tom and Kelly were in great trouble when they were meant to enjoy their time!
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I'm not to thrilled the author head hops. Rapid changes in point of view throw me everytime.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I think my favorite part of the novel is the suspense and intrigue. As to my least favorite part, I agree with the above statement that DL seemed so stupid later on in the book that you had to wonder how he could possibly be the leader of a country.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

mmm17 wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 11:08 I have to confess I am very partial to happy endings.With that said, I liked how all threads were nicely closed in this book. On the other hand, I did not like the characterization. I felt that the characters lacked depth and believability.
Overall, this is my take on this subject as well.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

My favorite part is at the beginning when Kelly is almost captured by the Korean team. I was disappointed that they did not continue to make that an area of suspense.

My least favorite part is the character development/interactions. I felt that all of the characters were flat and the dialogue/interactions were unrealistic.
Noosh
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Wise Blood
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh »

Unfortunately , I’m not enjoying this book at all. I guess, for me, it would be a long list of least favorite moments one after the other.
But so far, I think the whole “a hair on a wart on a frog on a log...” was the worst. It wasn’t funny, not to me. It was boring...
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Disneyland wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 03:55 I liked the scenes of the story in which Tom and Kelly were having fun time during their honeymoon trip! In some moments, happiness becomes the way of life! I did not like that Kelly is chased by a man far away from where the tour bus was. It was difficult for me to accept that Tom and Kelly were in great trouble when they were meant to enjoy their time!
I agree. Tom and Kelly's honeymoon was very disgusting and embarrassing, their enjoyment was postpone, later. I am thinking, maybe, it is a part of "call of duty". However, distracting a honeymoon in the setting somewhat unacceptable.
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Jeremie Mondejar

Noosh wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 23:00 Unfortunately , I’m not enjoying this book at all. I guess, for me, it would be a long list of least favorite moments one after the other.
But so far, I think the whole “a hair on a wart on a frog on a log...” was the worst. It wasn’t funny, not to me. It was boring...
I don't understand the song because I cannot relate it, however their actions somewhat entertains me.
Jeremie

Jeremie Mondejar

Letora wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 20:10 I'm not to thrilled the author head hops. Rapid changes in point of view throw me everytime.
The rapid changes make the story a bit hanging. The ending of EMP plot was cut directly to victory, which was a bit disgusting. The climax was cut shortly.
Jeremie

AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Noosh wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 23:00 Unfortunately , I’m not enjoying this book at all. I guess, for me, it would be a long list of least favorite moments one after the other.
Oh, I forgot about that part. Yeah, that whole part with the singing and giggling was very annoying to me too. I didn't get it.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

[Danielle] wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 12:40 My favorite part is at the beginning when Kelly is almost captured by the Korean team. I was disappointed that they did not continue to make that an area of suspense.

My least favorite part is the character development/interactions. I felt that all of the characters were flat and the dialogue/interactions were unrealistic.
And Soon Jin storyline could go so much more. There were certainly parts that could be my favorite but they needed so much more.
ArielKiaira
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arielkiaira_1557554.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by ArielKiaira »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 03:23 The story has a lot of favorite parts and some that I liked least. For me, my favorite part was Sharon and Steve developing relationship despite their frosted and mistrustful meeting. The part I liked least in the story was the characterization of the terrorrist leader as initially intelligent and psychopathic but then turns around to timid and fearful.
What about you, what were your favourite and least favorite parts of the story?
My least favorite part of the book was how all the characters changed their language towards the end of the book. It's not a huge deal but it was just something I didn't like.
Akpome1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akpome1.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Akpome1 »

I seem to like every part due to the lessons derived from all the parts. Looking at a part very critically reveals something that is valuable. The important thing is the aim of the author. All the parts are put together to form the whole so no part is less important.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”