Favorite and least favorite parts of the book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Favorite and least favorite parts of the book?

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

The story has a lot of favorite parts and some that I liked least. For me, my favorite part was Sharon and Steve developing relationship despite their frosted and mistrustful meeting. The part I liked least in the story was the characterization of the terrorrist leader as initially intelligent and psychopathic but then turns around to timid and fearful.
What about you, what were your favourite and least favorite parts of the story?
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I liked the ending, how everything is resolved and that book has a happy ending.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 03:23 The story has a lot of favorite parts and some that I liked least. For me, my favorite part was Sharon and Steve developing relationship despite their frosted and mistrustful meeting. The part I liked least in the story was the characterization of the terrorrist leader as initially intelligent and psychopathic but then turns around to timid and fearful.
I never actually realized the character change in the foreign leader. That's interesting.

My least favorite part is probably the talk show, the chapter and characters could have been intertwined in the story a bit more than just being seen on T.V. by the main characters for a few minutes.

My favorite part of the story is Steve. The story had more direction and action once he came along.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

My favorite part is when Steve's character becomes known to the US of A team. Hahahaha, I can't forget that part. 🤗🤗🤗
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
vermontelf
Currently Reading: The faerie wand
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermontelf.html
Latest Review: The Follower by L. Hillis

Post by vermontelf »

I really like the concept of the book and the action scenes. I loved how the book began with immediate action and hooked me in. However, I find the character development to be a weakness. I have mentioned in other strands, but around chapter nine I found my attention waning, this is when the American team is grouping together and getting to know each other, and I just did not find it believable and therefore uninteresting.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 03:23 The story has a lot of favorite parts and some that I liked least. For me, my favorite part was Sharon and Steve developing relationship despite their frosted and mistrustful meeting. The part I liked least in the story was the characterization of the terrorrist leader as initially intelligent and psychopathic but then turns around to timid and fearful.
We are definitely on the same page on both counts! I enjoyed Steve and Sharon's budding relationship. It was my favorite part too. And I certainly agree with you on the terrorist leader! She could lead an all-male team in a terrorist plot and bark out orders to them, but when Steve approached her on the beach when she was posing as a tourist she was like a scared rabbit! That was my least favorite part.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Sam Ibeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Post by Sam Ibeh »

My best part was the end of the book. The way the author tied up the sub-plots made a lot of sense to me. Though I felt there could have been a more detailed ending, but it was good.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

The book has so many amazing parts that it's hard to choose which one is my favorite. I would say it's probably the ending. It was fascinating to see how everything resolved. My least favorite part of the book was the talk show. I think it wasn't as good as the rest of the book.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

vermontelf wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 08:22 I really like the concept of the book and the action scenes. I loved how the book began with immediate action and hooked me in. However, I find the character development to be a weakness. I have mentioned in other strands, but around chapter nine I found my attention waning, this is when the American team is grouping together and getting to know each other, and I just did not find it believable and therefore uninteresting.
The book hooked me in from the beginning, as well. Most books begin a little boring and then build up for action, while this one jumped into immediate action. I love action-packed books, so I enjoyed reading this one a lot.
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

I liked most of the sneaking around and spying, except when things felt a bit too convenient. For example, when Tom hacks into the system in a few minutes with just a smartphone to get information on that plate number or when the gang figures out a way to access the computer through a convenient phone the antagonists just left lying around.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

My favourite part of the novel was Steve and Sharon's relationship. I loved how it developed even though they didn't quite like each other when they first met. I also really liked the ending.
My least favourite part was the talk show bit which didn't really captivate me.
AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

kperm wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 08:13 The book has so many amazing parts that it's hard to choose which one is my favorite. I would say it's probably the ending. It was fascinating to see how everything resolved. My least favorite part of the book was the talk show. I think it wasn't as good as the rest of the book.
I'll agree with you on both points: succinctly suspenseful conclusion, seemingly complex talk show scene. I loved when Lt. "Flash" Gordon joined the cast! To infinity and beyond...
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Sharon and Steve made the book glowing in intellectual attributes because of their witty banter.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

The novel was very involving, and I liked the action scenes.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
faint9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67

Post by faint9 »

I love place where Kelly is on her honeymoon and wanders very far away from where the tour bus was and then finds herself in a dangerous concealed piggy shop. She she comfronted by a man that grabs her by behind. Her escape is excellent. All through this,there is a bit of suspense and tension.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”