Ending of this book( possible spoilers)

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
fictaddict
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictaddict.html
Latest Review: MY FRIEND Marilyn by Christopher Lentz

Re: Ending of this book( possible spoilers)

Post by fictaddict »

"I liked the ending. I think all the loose ends were tied pretty well. I also liked how the true hero of the story is an anonymous brave person who works in shadows and for the welfare of our countries and planet. "

Yes, I always feel frustrated when a novel leaves loose ends or doesn't resolve one of the side plots. If the narrative asked a question, then I always want answers!
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

fictaddict wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 15:58 "I liked the ending. I think all the loose ends were tied pretty well. I also liked how the true hero of the story is an anonymous brave person who works in shadows and for the welfare of our countries and planet. "

Yes, I always feel frustrated when a novel leaves loose ends or doesn't resolve one of the side plots. If the narrative asked a question, then I always want answers!
One may argue the fact that the ending was abrupt but the main issue was resolved and everything was tied nicely in the end.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 08:55
jeminah28 wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 20:25
Reynaa wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 15:06 I liked the ending but it lost a bit of it's luster for me. It felt a little detached and rushed.
I feel it, too. Abrupt ending! Our mind usually wanted more the romantic bond between the couple as the novel was denoted to them. I thought it might be in the ending, again as I said in the other topic, their romance was sugarcoated with the word 'honeymoon.'
You explained it perfectly. I think I just gave up early on the "romantic" aspect of this book so when nothing happened, in the end, I wasn't disappointed.
Exactly! The abrupt ending, to me, wasn't a surprise. I think the author did the ending very well. Sincerely there was nothing else I could be curious about, since the romance between Tom and Kelly had lost meaning.
Last edited by J_odoyo on 02 Jan 2020, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

J_odoyo wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 04:20
AntonelaMaria wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 08:55
jeminah28 wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 20:25
I feel it, too. Abrupt ending! Our mind usually wanted more the romantic bond between the couple as the novel was denoted to them. I thought it might be in the ending, again as I said in the other topic, their romance was sugarcoated with the word 'honeymoon.'
You explained it perfectly. I think I just gave up early on the "romantic" aspect of this book so when nothing happened, in the end, I wasn't disappointed.
Exactly! The abrupt ending, to me, wasn't a surprise. I think the author did the ending very well. Sincerely there was nothing else I could be curious about, since the romance between Tom and Kelly had lost meaning.
Do you think that maybe because the character development was very surface level, so many readers feel that the ending was abrupt? I guess that is the only way I would say there was need for more pages and storyline.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
nfdoughe
Favorite Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett
Favorite Book: Till We Have Faces
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nfdoughe.html
Latest Review: Willow James and the Queen of U’i’s Crown by Jett Blackk
fav_author_id: 2591

Post by nfdoughe »

I feel like the end was predictable, but that isn't a bad thing. I think it fits the rest of the book. I like that nod to Sharon and Steve and a possible future, and maybe Tom and Kelly can have a real honeymoon and actually pay attention to each other. Overall I found it suitable.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

Though I feel that the ending is not bad. I would have liked to have seen Dear Leader actually go down instead of the phone call that he got from the president is the way his punishment left off. I would have also like to have known or understand what General Lee was thinking, hoping, or is overall intentions were in switching the controllers. Along with how he saw them as being his insurance policy in regards to Dear Leader.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Michelle_Cerone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-cerone.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Michelle_Cerone »

The ending of the book was my favorite part. I loved Kim Jung Lo's storyline and his untold heroics.
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by tanner87cbs »

Infinite I wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 13:38 Even though the end seemed to be a bit abrupt, but still it was nice. Author has done a good job. So it was fine with me
Well said, I agree, it was rushed and abrupt but worked.
Nimisha_91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimisha-91.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Nimisha_91 »

The ending seemed very rushed and sort of unbelievable. The world is ending, and suddenly some amateurs save it. It all seemed too cliche and too fictitious.
gaily13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaily13.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by gaily13 »

Ruba Abu Ali wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 06:27
Reynaa wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 15:06 I liked the ending but it lost a bit of it's luster for me. It felt a little detached and rushed.
Liked the ending, too. But I
wished it didn't feel so abrupt.
Same! The abruptness was kind of a bummer.
Akpome1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akpome1.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Akpome1 »

My sister, this is the problem. "How many people are working every day to make this place safer? And they don't do it for glory or fame or money! I feel like this book should be a dedication to all the whistleblowers out there. I find the ending of the book very positive and satisfying." I agree with you intoto.
Isn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isn.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Isn »

I liked the ending. The author has done a great job. At a few places earlier, I did feel that a few things could be better narrated. But regarding the end of this book, I am satisfied.
jahagen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jahagen.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by jahagen »

I think it does pay some good homage to those who are working behind the scenes that not everyone knows about.
But, I felt that it was very rushed and was maybe too easy and wrapped up too neatly? For me, there wasn't a whole lot of tension involved from my perspective.
xoxoAnushka
Favorite Book: "Better dead than divorced"
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xoxoanushka.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by xoxoAnushka »

I like the ending, though it is abrupt but I am satisfied with it.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

The ending seemed to be very abrupt, but I was satisfied with it. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”