Cold Relationship?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Re: Cold Relationship?

Post by Not available anymore »

I feel like their marriage was free, and they loved each other, that's what matters
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

The author should have made their marriage more realistic I mean new weds should be in love
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

Yeah I very much agree with you. I kept wondering why Kelly had to call her brother who was very far away instead of her husband who was a police officer and in the same location as her. Even when Tom got Kelly's he felt non-challant about it. To me the relationship between Tom and Kelly was very Cold.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

I think their marriage is frigid. Like when Kelly got so stressed when she and Steve broke into the computer lab, and she broke into the computers so they could get information on the terrorists. When they all got back to where Kelly and Tom were staying, Kelly was distraught and almost having a panic attack. It was awhile before anyone noticed, and it was Sharon instead of Tom who gave her something for a headache and covered her with a blanket. Tom didn't seem concerned at all. They did not act like a newly married couple! :D
B. Creech
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Aloe Crane »

Brenda Creech wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 21:03 I think their marriage is frigid. Like when Kelly got so stressed when she and Steve broke into the computer lab, and she broke into the computers so they could get information on the terrorists. When they all got back to where Kelly and Tom were staying, Kelly was distraught and almost having a panic attack. It was awhile before anyone noticed, and it was Sharon instead of Tom who gave her something for a headache and covered her with a blanket. Tom didn't seem concerned at all. They did not act like a newly married couple! :D
As someone in a relationship of 4+ years, going on 5 soon, even WE wouldn't act like that! They're not at all lovey dovey for newly weds, they're not spending much time together, and there's not a lot of communication. One HUGE thing I noticed also lacked, was the physical aspect of things. They didn't really hug or kiss or even hold hands, right? That's like, a big thing. Physical touch helps a relationship and is absolutely necessary, especially when you're anxious or, let's say, in the middle of your honeymoon. :)
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Aloe Crane »

Elizabeth Pass wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 08:04 I know there are some couples out there that prefer to do things independently, but they generally come back with a lot to talk to each other about. And, they generally only get to that point after a few years of being together. It seems like a major red flag to go on your honeymoon and choose to do things separately.
Yes, and it's a very healthy thing to do and have. But this was a big red flag. You're absolutely right! Honeymoons are about spending time together in one way or another, because a honeymoon is especially important to a couple.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

This is a far too fictitious relationship. Tom and Kelly appear to be unconcerned about each other's safety. Despite the fact that they are on a vacation to an unknown location, newlyweds are bound to become closer.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Kelly and Tom's relationship is pretty realistic not many couple have time for romance and still have good marriages.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

I did feel that their relationship was a bit strange because newlyweds are supposed to be having the time of their lives.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Andrew Darlington »

MirageParul wrote: 07 Dec 2019, 12:15 As a matter of fact, I stopped reading this book within a few pages when I realized that the premise of this book is so weird. I wanted to think that there might be some valid reason for Tom and Kelly to be at two different places on their honeymoon, but couldn't think of many. I just couldn't identify with them any more after Tom decides to continue with his fishing trip even though his wife was clearly acting strange.
So yes, I definitely agree that theirs was a cold relationship.
I totally agree with you on this one. For two couples on a honeymoon this showed their relationship was very cold and maybe they did not share this very true bond.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”