Believable or Not So Believable Moments

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
Aloe Crane
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Re: Believable or Not So Believable Moments

Post by Aloe Crane »

LV2R wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 20:23 I was wondering why Kelly, who thought she would stop in a shop and buy a few gifts, would enter a room that was clearly marked "Danger Keep Out - Employees Only." If I were shopping in a store, I would probably call out, but not go looking for an employee in off-limit areas. I do not know Kelly's background, but her curiosity and boldness made me think that she had a detective mindset.
I understand that thought completely. She is a civilian, a good citizen I assume, yet she knowingly goes somewhere that is not only for employees, but I believe mentions danger. I almost thought she was like a trained detective or cop and she thought something was wrong, but no. Then later when she comes back she's all scared, like what?! Where'd your curiosity go??? You're in a foreign country and you risk yourself like that in the beginning, but then you get scared later on??? When you're with professionals?
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

Some scenes were unbelievable especially at the beginning of the book but some are believable because they do correlate with things agents do real life.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Okay to be honest, some parts of the book see.ed really unrealistic.
Ignesta Ignetius
Currently Reading: A Dream for Peace
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignesta-ignetius.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Ignesta Ignetius »

There are several unbelievables in this book. For instance, a terrorist group seeking world dominance left their operation base without supervision. A deadly terrorist antagonist not knowing the difference between east and west coast. Su-jin the commander of the terrorist group operating in Honduras got a total makeover (including breast implants and facial reconstruction) and even intense training but forgot the name of the city in California where she's supposed to be from.

Overall, it's a very entertaining storyline but it's not believable.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Andrew Darlington »

Helene_2008 wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 10:48 I agree that they were several things about the terrorists I found unbelievable. When Steve is talking to Rhee Su-jin at breakfast and she messes up her cover by not begging about to answer his questions correctly about where she lived in California. She's supposed to be highly trained and best of the best! Then when Dear Leader forgot/ didn't know which coast NYC and Washington DC were on. How could you plot a terrorist attack and not be familiar with the country's geography.
Lolz.. These were exactly my thoughts. Some parts of this story seemed very unrealistic.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”