Overall rating and opinion of "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey"

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
M Meghana
Currently Reading: Welcome to Utopia
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-meghana.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey"

Post by M Meghana »

I have already read the book.Believe me it's an amazing book.Those who loves travelling will find this quite appealing.I would rate this book for 4 out of 4 stars.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

Family, is the core test of manhood. Many children today, are the product of broken homes. I believe that in as much as our children are the leaders of tomorrow, we the adults are responsible for giving them solid principles to live by. On the other hand, I would like to appreciate the characters (the four friends), who were able to preserve their friendship together and at the same time, maintain a healthy relationship with their wives and kids. Kudos to the writer Eytan Uliel, for this inspiring book, Man Mission
AmythstA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amythsta.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by AmythstA »

I wanted to give this one a 2.5 but the system doesn't allow it. I mostly was positive about how well it was written, despite strange tendencies to use unnecessary words. I actually thought the guy was going to try to make up with his wife. I found parts of it kind of disgusting, well mostly the adultery part. Really I think this more a book for a modern man despite the Bible verses. I just didn't feel like the Bible verses belonged due to it not even being a Christian novel, nor really geared for the religious.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

Nerea wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 02:30 I'm currently reading the book. It's an exciting and adventurous story that grips the reader's attention. The story reveals to the reader the answer to the question "Who is a man?" Exploring different cities is the best treat one can offer to him/herself. And the four gentlemen did well to do that albeit the responsibilities they had as employees, husbands, and fathers. Though they suffered injuries on their missions, they didn't give up. This brings up the impression that one should stick to their commitments come what may. Additionally, endurance is the key factor for one to complete a course in life.

I like the diverse culture and beliefs in the book. One belief that amuses me is the Siberian belief that "a real man catches and kills their own food." The characters are funny and interact freely with each other. The reader can feel their bond of love reading through their conversations. The mission rules are hilarious, funny, and thought provoking.

I don't understand why the protagonist is not identified by a unique name. I kept asking myself, Is it a feature in writing? or Is the protagonist the author of the book?

The book will appeal to those who love to travel and explore different region and cities in the world.

I will rate the book after I'm done reading the book.
Your description makes me want to look into this read. I love literary exposure to different landscapes and cultures. It's interesting that the protagonist isn't directly named, which makes me even more curious about it.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

Caffrey_19 wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 05:18 Family, is the core test of manhood.
Or womanhood - so true!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Neha Puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Neha Puri »

I liked the book very much. The author did a great job while writing the book. There Were some heartwarming moments in the book and some fun that make laugh so much one of those were those fall. He did a great job while shifting between past and present. I loved the way he did that without creating confusion. I Want to give this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Reagan Reg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reagan-reg.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Reagan Reg »

This novel Man Mission is just an interesting novel. I rate it at 4 out of 4 stars. What stoodowa out for me in the novel is the fulfilment and the rediscovery that come at the end of each Man Mission. The adventures served their intended purposes. There is nothing I disliked in the novel. That is because of the book rich content. I recommend it to all persons interested in adventure fictions.
Bookreader548
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreader548.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by Bookreader548 »

This book is filled with adventure and a sense of humor with vivid description of the lives of the men. I normally don't read books like this but then this just left me spellbound and after I'd started I didn't want to stop till I was done. It was quite length but that's okay. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Radhika_puri »

I liked the whole story and most importantly the missions. The rules they made throughout the various missions we're the best part and one of the reasons I liked the book so much. It contains happy moments and sad moments together. The author did a great job while shifting between past and present. The author gives description of all the missions and the places; their food.

I want to give it 4 out of 4 stars. It's a must-read book.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Post by Standor5865 »

I love the book because it gives the reader an idea of what it feels like to be in different cities and experiencing different lifestyles. It also teaches a good lesson of persistence and being committed towards achieving a goal.
I would recommend the book in a heartbeat.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

M Meghana wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 23:09 I have already read the book.Believe me it's an amazing book.Those who loves travelling will find this quite appealing.I would rate this book for 4 out of 4 stars.
The travelling part was my favourite thing about the book! It made me add a few places to my bucket list!
Pocoyo
Favorite Book: Heroes of Atlantis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pocoyo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice by AC Michael

Post by Pocoyo »

I love the honesty of Uliel's character as he travels through the stages of his life, always having his core group of friends as a touch stone. Inhale -- go through another stage of the human experience; exhale -- hang out for a week with close friends and just have fun. And it is such a fun journey. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a good read to dive into. By the way, I was the story editor for this book. Even so, I was struck by the brutal honesty of some of Eytan's self reflections.
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Falconcrest »

Fantastic book, that touches on a wide number of pertinent issues. Like family, friendship, and commitment.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

Not read a book yet that spelt adventure in clear terms like this one..
I love this book so much.
I'm reading all over again.. Its just captivating.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

Nerea wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 02:30 I'm currently reading the book. It's an exciting and adventurous story that grips the reader's attention. The story reveals to the reader the answer to the question "Who is a man?" Exploring different cities is the best treat one can offer to him/herself. And the four gentlemen did well to do that albeit the responsibilities they had as employees, husbands, and fathers. Though they suffered injuries on their missions, they didn't give up. This brings up the impression that one should stick to their commitments come what may. Additionally, endurance is the key factor for one to complete a course in life.

I like the diverse culture and beliefs in the book. One belief that amuses me is the Siberian belief that "a real man catches and kills their own food." The characters are funny and interact freely with each other. The reader can feel their bond of love reading through their conversations. The mission rules are hilarious, funny, and thought provoking.

I don't understand why the protagonist is not identified by a unique name. I kept asking myself, Is it a feature in writing? or Is the protagonist the author of the book?

The book will appeal to those who love to travel and explore different region and cities in the world.

I will rate the book after I'm done reading the book.
This actually got me towards potentially reading the book and I’d love to hear your final thoughts.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”