Overall rating and opinion of "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey"

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
san_tee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-san-tee.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey"

Post by san_tee »

The book did a great job with describing the adventures that the group of friends went on. I could imagine each of their successful trips (and of course awful ones) each time they brought them up. I found the trip to South Korea to be amusing and the trip to Vietnam to be full of suspense!
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

i honestly haven't read this book yet but from the reviews it seems to be a more interesting book.looking forward to adding to my my ''want to read' book shelve
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

This is such an engaging book. It explained in details who a man is. It is engaging and educative.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I really loved this book. It was very refreshing for me seeing the world from a male perspective. Their look on life, love, career, and marriage.

What I loved most was the different places they traveled to. I've always wanted to travel far and wide, and I felt I was able to do so vicariously through them. I also absolutely loved the humour. There were so many times I burst out into laughter while reading. I love books that make me laugh. I will definitely be recommending this book to my fellow book lovers, both male and female.
Manas Ranjan Mishra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manas-ranjan-mishra.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Manas Ranjan Mishra »

I have read this book , and I have rated in 4/4 stars. I didn't like anything perticularly. The thing I liked the most is their traveling and funny 'Man missions' .
Sharing is caring. :greetings-wavingyellow:
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I recently finished reading this book. It is like nothing I've ever read before. I felt so emotional. I laughed. I cried and I learnt a lot of things. Maybe this is because in Man Mission by Eytan Uliel, life is portrayed through men's eyes. And I envy them for their adventurous life. I happily rate it four out of four stars.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I recently finished reading this book. It is like nothing I've ever read before. I felt so emotional. I laughed. I cried and I learnt a lot of things. Maybe this is because in Man Mission by Eytan Uliel, life is portrayed through men's eyes. And I envy them for their adventurous life. I happily rate it four out of four stars.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

I recently finished reading and submitting my review for this book. I intially disliked the fact that the author has tried to keep the name of narrator difficult to locate. But then again, I've come to realise that it is the mystery associated with it was something that pushed me to binge read it and finish it in under 2 days!
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

My overall rating for Man Mission is a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. It's a superb read, it's adventurous, and it's comical. I totally enjoyed reading the sarcasm and funny remarks the men throw at one another. I also loved imagining the places they travelled and the hardships they went through with their journey to manhood. It tackled the life of being a single man and a married man. It will surely drive a reader that settling down is no joke. It teaches serious decision-making when it comes to adulthood especially when marriage and building a family is a topic. I love this book.
Manas Ranjan Mishra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manas-ranjan-mishra.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Manas Ranjan Mishra »

I have completed the book Man Mission, and I rated it 4/4 stars. I really liked the travelling journey of the author and his friends and their crazy tasks called 'Man missions'
Sharing is caring. :greetings-wavingyellow:
Tabuya Dube
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabuya-dube.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Tabuya Dube »

For me, the book was a pleasant surprise. I was afraid it would be dreary but I was pleasantly surprised by the author's top-notch storytelling skills. I gave the book a 4-star rating. It was really worth every moment.
Spencer Maina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencer-maina.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Spencer Maina »

First of all, the book's plot and flow are on point. Secondly, the emotions in this book really impacted my reading; I shed tears and also laughed. Finally, I found the story to be so relatable, so its a direct 4 out 4 stars.
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book was entertaining as well as well written. What struck me most was the attempt of writing a whole book without mentioning the protagonist's name even once. Even after finishing the book, I couldn't describe whether this book was fiction or nonfiction. For these reasons, I will definitely read future books from the author.
Bennete+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennete.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Bennete+ »

I went on an adventure with this one. I loved that it was realistic about life. It wasn't about defending men but rather shedding light on their lives. It also wasn't about ignoring women. For me it was like, "This is what happens. No sides to take." It's one of the reasons I rated it 4 out of 4.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

I enjoy reading about their trips to exotic places, and the spirit of excitement that this book instills in the reader is fantastic. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Books are a unique form of accessible magic. Reading is required for those who wish to rise above the mundane. If you dislike reading, it's most likely because you haven't found the right book.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”