What life lesson did you draw from "Man Mission" and how do you see it impacting your life?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
Lexiem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lexiem.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Re: What life lesson did you draw from "Man Mission" and how do you see it impacting your life?

Post by Lexiem »

The life lesson I got from this book is that everyone goes through something at some point in their life and they should not be afraid to lean on their friends and ask them for help. If they are true friends, they will be there for you and help you through whatever you are going through.
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by FaithMO19 »

I love your point of view! Personally new experiences terrify me but then at the end of the day we adapt and come out okay
Reagan Reg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reagan-reg.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Reagan Reg »

I learnt that a person can rediscover himself when he is out in the jungles enjoying the beauty of nature. During such a time, the, mind is free of all thinking hence a person can rediscover his life purpose.
tjportugal
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjportugal.html
Latest Review: Mister Sleepy by Jane Alice

Post by tjportugal »

unamilagra wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 17:47 I don't know if this is a lesson per se, but the part that struck me most is when Sam found out his dad died. "And that means I’ll never be the child again. Just like that, poof-I’m the grownup now.”
This is a good point. But I guess you would only go through this experience if you'd loss your father at a young age. I guess it works the other way round when it comes to mother. I guess you feel a child again. A mature child, though.
To read or not to read? That's not even a question!
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Radhika_puri »

The best I got from man mission is that never let misunderstanding happen in your relationship. Always clear out everything. The other thing I learned is that you are never to old to try anything new. Just do what you want to do in life. Never stop because of useless reasons.
tjportugal

Post by tjportugal »

Radhika_puri wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 22:17 The other thing I learned is that you are never to old to try anything new. Just do what you want to do in life. Never stop because of useless reasons.
unless there is a virus around... :lol2: in that case, read a book :techie-studyingbrown:
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

tjportugal wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 09:14
Radhika_puri wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 22:17 The other thing I learned is that you are never to old to try anything new. Just do what you want to do in life. Never stop because of useless reasons.
unless there is a virus around... :lol2: in that case, read a book :techie-studyingbrown:
One of the positive things about the virus is lots of people are getting back into reading!
tjportugal

Post by tjportugal »

HanElizabeth397 wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 07:09
One of the positive things about the virus is lots of people are getting back into reading!
That seems to be true.
I used to read a a bit, before the virus. Now, I'm reading an average of 2 book per week.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:

tjportugal wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 09:05
HanElizabeth397 wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 07:09

That seems to be true.
I used to read a a bit, before the virus. Now, I'm reading an average of 2 book per week.
I'm the same! I've nearly read more books this month than I had in January, February and March!
Harty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty.html
Latest Review: Big Bunches At The Jam Factory by Keith.paulusse

Post by Harty »

I found the long term support structure that the men provided to each other important and beneficial int times of crisis. Like the time the lead character admitted to cheating and as a result led to his wife divorcing him, it's unlikely he would have survived were it not for the structure.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

This book seems like it has many deep themes and I would love to read it.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:

Netvigator72 wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 01:11 This book seems like it has many deep themes and I would love to read it.
If you haven't read it yet I would recommend it! There are some beautiful descriptions of the different places and it covers some very interesting topics about their lives throughout.
Bookreviwer2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviwer2020.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei

Post by Bookreviwer2020 »

I think there were many lessons in the book, as the one mentioned above which was inspiring, and that our parents may not be around for other, but I guess as well he demonstrated that marriages and relationships take work...since his ended when they grew apart and no longer understood one another.

Also I felt he made the point that we don't have to give up the things we love because of getting older...they continued with their man missions despite the grsyibg of their hair and he still continued with things he wanted to do.despite being a bit older than others which I thought was inspiring

So nothing lasts forever, but we can make the most of ourselves is what I picked up on
Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

HanElizabeth397 wrote: 11 May 2020, 11:25
Netvigator72 wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 01:11 This book seems like it has many deep themes and I would love to read it.
If you haven't read it yet I would recommend it! There are some beautiful descriptions of the different places and it covers some very interesting topics about their lives throughout.

Will do. Thanks for your recommendation.
Pstodumeje
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pstodumeje.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Pstodumeje »

I really liked how they fell in Love and get married and become successful in their respective careers. I like how they prepare the Man Mission. It’s not always easy, they face challenges. I also like how they complete their missions. I like the rules they create while on trip. Go beyond your limit and travel under your own power.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”