Some interesting fun facts

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Re: Some interesting fun facts

Post by FaithMO19 »

Interesting. I'd like to add this book to my shelf and read it right away. I love it when a book gives these fun facts that I'd really not be able to get anywhere else
Reagan Reg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reagan-reg.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Reagan Reg »

When Sam and The protagonist goes biking in Japan and parents are pulling away children from them to shelve the children against looking at them in their biking attire.
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Radhika_puri »

Yes, I do. The dog soup was a new thing for me. The northern lights were the best and the encounter with wild animals and how they will react to them. Sumo wrestling was also one of fact I enjoyed.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

diamonnd wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 15:30 I think my favorite one was the one in Japan. I was blown away by the kind of vending machines available there. It was certainly a surprise!
Something new for me.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

Cotwani wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 17:09 The 'man missions' not only introduced exotic picturesque sceneries. There were interesting tidbits to be garnered about the different areas. I, for example, marveled that there are no wild animals that can kill humans in New Zealand. The northern lights were also a wonder.

Did you also find some intetesting fun facts?
Yet to make some discoveries.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 350

Post by Tars »

I always thought it the most marvelous thing about books - you never know what tidbits reader might gain from it. Seems mr. Darcy had it right and indeed it is truly possible to improve one's mind by extensive reading)))
Rachel_Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Leadership by Craig B. Whelden

Post by Rachel_Emmanuel »

diamonnd wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 15:30 I think my favorite one was the one in Japan. I was blown away by the kind of vending machines available there. It was certainly a surprise!
They do invent unusual machines in Japan. They are always filled with surprises.
#RecordBreaker
Northernbird84
Currently Reading: The Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northernbird84.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Northernbird84 »

AvidBibliophile wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 20:57
Laura Lee wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 20:18 I was most fascinated by the diet described in the trip to Iceland. Although I've never eaten dog, I've known for years that some people do, so that part of the book wasn't a surprise. But PUFFIN burgers?? Seriously? Wow.
I know, right?! Puffin burgers sound insane, but I also wouldn't partake in moose tongue if traveling through the Canadian wilderness, so exotic cuisines might be best left to the more adventurous. My palate is a bit more tame, lol.
I know right! I'm vegetarian and a picky eater so I worry I'd starve in some places! xxx
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Rachel_Emmanuel wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 05:15
They do invent unusual machines in Japan. They are always filled with surprises.
I'd never heard of this before reading the book but now I really want to see them!
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

Oh yeah, I remember that! I thought it was neat of the author to add in those facts with the story. It reminded of the first chapter books I got into as a kid, which was the Magic Tree House.
Bookreviwer2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviwer2020.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei

Post by Bookreviwer2020 »

Since i have not travelled to any of these places, it was interesting to see the differences in.scenery, good and culture between them
I guess I most liked Japan
Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are
Zoe Luh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoe-luh.html
Latest Review: Moon Magic by Charli Elizabeth

Post by Zoe Luh »

Laura Lee wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 20:18 That is wild, isn't it? That New Zealand would have no natural predators when it's so near to Australia where everything wants to kill you. Don't get me wrong: not all of it CAN kill you, but it WANTS to kill you! LOL

Beyond that, I was most fascinated by the diet described in the trip to Iceland. Although I've never eaten dog, I've known for years that some people do, so that part of the book wasn't a surprise. But PUFFIN burgers?? Seriously? Wow.
Yeah, I had absolutely no idea that New Zealand doesn't have natural predators and I never would've guessed that lol. I also wonder what puffin would taste like
Zoe Luh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoe-luh.html
Latest Review: Moon Magic by Charli Elizabeth

Post by Zoe Luh »

FaithMO19 wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 12:37 Interesting. I'd like to add this book to my shelf and read it right away. I love it when a book gives these fun facts that I'd really not be able to get anywhere else
I agree! After reading these facts I need to read this book!! I love love when I learn fun new things from books
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Woah! That seems pretty interesting.. Wild animals that don’t kill can be petted! Haha :lol: :D Just kidding!
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

I just heard that New Zealand fact for the first time :lol2: I'll pet every one of them then.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”