Which character is the most well-rounded?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Re: Which character is the most well-rounded?

Post by Brenda Creech »

IfeomaD wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 11:25 Daniel seems like the well rounded character. He is the most developed character of the four. The author did a good job.
I agree, the author did a really good job. I liked all of the characters but I just found Daniel the most mature and settled. Thanks for commenting! :tiphat:
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Frances019 wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 20:22 I think Daniel is the most well rounded. He has some of the same issues as the protagonist but didn't spiral out of control.
Exactly! Daniel handled his in a more mature manner than the protagonist for sure! Thanks for commenting!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

I really loved Sam's character because he has his priorities set out, even though he has never forgotten his childhood commitment to his friend.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

CYSON DOROPH wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 18:16 I really loved Sam's character because he has his priorities set out, even though he has never forgotten his childhood commitment to his friend.
That's true. I liked Sam too. I wish there had been more about him and his wife, but they weren't mentioned that much and it made it hard for me to get the whole picture :tiphat: . Thanks for commenting!
B. Creech
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

I agree about Daniel. He seems to have things together. I need to hire him as a personal assistant!
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Daniel's character is the most well rounded in the story. Much time was also spent developing his character.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

ciecheesemeister wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 23:07 I agree about Daniel. He seems to have things together. I need to hire him as a personal assistant!
I know! Wouldn't he make a wonderful personal assistant? :lol: Thanks for commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

prospero360 wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 13:12 Daniel's character is the most well rounded in the story. Much time was also spent developing his character.
I agree. I found him more mature than the rest of the men. Thanks for commenting.
B. Creech
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Falconcrest »

I have to agree with everyone Daniel is the well rounded character. He is the ideal husband, father and ultimate husband. I admired his great qualities, and when i really think about it. The author did a fantastic job with the diversity in personalities of all the four characters. They were all so different, but yet were great friends that stood by each other when one of them had a problem.
Sugarlump54
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugarlump54.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sugarlump54 »

I am going against the grain and say Alec because he didn’t jump into marriage, sewed his wild oats and when he did get married he was ready for the commitment.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Falconcrest wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 11:20 I have to agree with everyone Daniel is the well rounded character. He is the ideal husband, father and ultimate husband. I admired his great qualities, and when i really think about it. The author did a fantastic job with the diversity in personalities of all the four characters. They were all so different, but yet were great friends that stood by each other when one of them had a problem.
Sometimes I think friends that are different make the best friends! Thanks for commenting! :tiphat:
B. Creech
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Sugarlump54 wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 18:27 I am going against the grain and say Alec because he didn’t jump into marriage, sewed his wild oats and when he did get married he was ready for the commitment.
Those are great points about Alec! Thanks for commenting! :tiphat:
B. Creech
Josmolz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Josmolz »

:techie-reference: :techie-reference: I hate to disagree with all of you, but Sam to me, is the most well-rounded character. His memory is impeccable considering he remembered the promise he and the protagonist had made back in law school. He takes initiative. The first trip was literally his idea. His persistence despite the sprained ankle in Japan was incredible. I really like him. Why does everyone like Daniel so much? :? :?
xxqueenforadayxx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xxqueenforadayxx.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington
Reading Device: B07PS7Y8SX

Post by xxqueenforadayxx »

I actually like Sam. He's the one who seems the most balanced to me. He doesn't get lost in work or have family issues (like with his wife or kids) and is able to keep it all together while also never missing a man mission.
If life ain't just a joke, then why am I laughing?
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

I agree that Daniel is the most well-rounded character out of the four men. The author did a great job of fleshing out all of them, but I think with Daniel we get a clearer picture of his personality and his motivations.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”