Favorite Character of the "Man Mission" Group?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
diamonnd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamonnd.html
Latest Review: The Most Popular Freak in School by Crystal Tyler (Tyler Lormel)

Favorite Character of the "Man Mission" Group?

Post by diamonnd »

Each of the four members of the Man Mission group are similar in some ways, but different in many others. They all love adventure and spending time with each other, but they each have their own character as well.

Who was your favorite one out of the four? I loved them all, but I think that Sam might have been my favorite. I loved his humor and sense of adventure. I also think he had some really good character development has he dealt with becoming a father and then losing his own. I liked watching him mature from a boy into a man. This was certainly a fantastic book!
gaily13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaily13.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by gaily13 »

I think Daniel was my favorite of all of them, though I do share some of you sentiment about Sam.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I liked all four of the characters, but as for my favorite, I have to say, Eric. It took him longer to decide to settle down in life but I think that benefited him in the long run. I felt he was a genuine friend to the others. I loved the way he took charge when the main protagonist was locked up at home wallowing in his own depression and Eric showed up and made him go out. That is a true friend because that is a hard thing to do, but it is exactly what needed to be done!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
diamonnd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamonnd.html
Latest Review: The Most Popular Freak in School by Crystal Tyler (Tyler Lormel)

Post by diamonnd »

B Creech wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 18:18 I liked all four of the characters, but as for my favorite, I have to say, Eric. It took him longer to decide to settle down in life but I think that benefited him in the long run. I felt he was a genuine friend to the others. I loved the way he took charge when the main protagonist was locked up at home wallowing in his own depression and Eric showed up and made him go out. That is a true friend because that is a hard thing to do, but it is exactly what needed to be done!
You make a really good point! I think Eric is definitely my second favorite now.
Paige Alvarado
Currently Reading: Night Chills
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paige-alvarado.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Post by Paige Alvarado »

B Creech wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 18:18 I liked all four of the characters, but as for my favorite, I have to say, Eric. It took him longer to decide to settle down in life but I think that benefited him in the long run. I felt he was a genuine friend to the others. I loved the way he took charge when the main protagonist was locked up at home wallowing in his own depression and Eric showed up and made him go out. That is a true friend because that is a hard thing to do, but it is exactly what needed to be done!
I believe you mean Alec. I agree, he was there when the narrator was down and out. They were also friends for the longest duration. The narrator offered his home to Alec when he was in a similar situation. I liked that he finally developed and settled down from the bachelor lifestyle. Prior to that, I thought the poor guy was going nowhere fast.
Paige Alvarado

Post by Paige Alvarado »

I also loved Sam. He was so well developed as you said. I would have to say my favorite was Daniel. He was always very honest. When the protagonist opened up about his infidelities, he initially showed no sympathy. He knew it was a self-inflicted wound that needed to be mended.
He also was very organized and intelligent. I am the organizer of my home, so I could definitely relate to that. I liked that he and Pamela identified their issues before it was too late. They worked it out together, and I admire that.
Daniel sounds like a great guy all around.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

pshaw1414 wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 15:44
I believe you mean Alec. I agree, he was there when the narrator was down and out. They were also friends for the longest duration. The narrator offered his home to Alec when he was in a similar situation. I liked that he finally developed and settled down from the bachelor lifestyle. Prior to that, I thought the poor guy was going nowhere fast.
You're right, I did mean Alec! Eric is the protagonist in a book I am currently reading! I agree that at first he didn't seem like he would ever settle down. However, after he sowed his wild oats he probably ended up with a better married life than the rest of the men!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

pshaw1414 wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 15:47 I also loved Sam. He was so well developed as you said. I would have to say my favorite was Daniel. He was always very honest. When the protagonist opened up about his infidelities, he initially showed no sympathy. He knew it was a self-inflicted wound that needed to be mended.
He also was very organized and intelligent. I am the organizer of my home, so I could definitely relate to that. I liked that he and Pamela identified their issues before it was too late. They worked it out together, and I admire that.
Daniel sounds like a great guy all around.
I liked Sam too, and you are right about Daniel. He was more grounded than the others from the beginning. I thought he and Pamela made a great couple.
B. Creech
Patrick Nandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-nandi.html
Latest Review: Hidden: Nistar by Batya Casper

Post by Patrick Nandi »

Sam is my favorite character because he is disciplined and accepts defeat well
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Post by djr6090 »

I am really glad you brought that up. I thought I had read a different version that replaced Alec with Eric. I found Alec's ability to come back from his business failure to be courageous .
Paige Alvarado

Post by Paige Alvarado »

B Creech wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 17:19
You're right, I did mean Alec! Eric is the protagonist in a book I am currently reading! I agree that at first he didn't seem like he would ever settle down. However, after he sowed his wild oats he probably ended up with a better married life than the rest of the men!
Definitely agreed! Maybe the protagonist should have taken his time instead of randomly deciding to propose to Rachel. :)
Paige Alvarado

Post by Paige Alvarado »

djr6090 wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 18:54
I am really glad you brought that up. I thought I had read a different version that replaced Alec with Eric. I found Alec's ability to come back from his business failure to be courageous .
Yeah, a lot of people are saying Eric I was super confused...
Saraion
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Saraion »

I like all four characters but my favorite character is sam because he has a spirit like me, funny and great
Patrick Nandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-nandi.html
Latest Review: Hidden: Nistar by Batya Casper

Post by Patrick Nandi »

I love the character of Alec who seemly had several false start but that didn't dampen his spirit he kept his dream alive until later in life he actually succeeds, a great character indeed.
Last edited by Patrick Nandi on 11 Jan 2020, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Alec is my favourite. He's the character who has the playboy, most reckless and the least hope of ever settling. These are the people who become the best in life and it turns out so.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”