Which woman did you like best?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: Which woman did you like best?

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Pamela was fantastic. She cared about her kids and husband, but she also cared about herself and recognised that she was unhappy and tried to do something about it.
Harty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty.html
Latest Review: Big Bunches At The Jam Factory by Keith.paulusse

Post by Harty »

I liked Pamela best because of her support for Daniel and realizing the men's need to be on their own for a bonding trip.
Officialboluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-officialboluwatife.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by Officialboluwatife »

I agree with you on this. As a man, Pamela's attribute make a good and supporting woman.
FInziani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-finziani.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by FInziani »

I know the feeling, it takes a strong woman. sending you some love from another mother who has been there and even has the t-shirt!
pshaw1414 wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 15:41 I really resonated with Rachel. She has the young kids and stays home with them all day while her husband goes to work. She is understandably upset by his need for additional time away from home, but gives in selflessly and adheres to the single mom role when needed.

I feel that on a deep level. My little girls and I are home all day without their dad. Whenever he mentions going out, I will always say "okay, have fun. I love you" and mean it, but man it really bugs me sometimes.
Paige Alvarado
Currently Reading: Night Chills
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paige-alvarado.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Post by Paige Alvarado »

FInziani wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 11:32 I know the feeling, it takes a strong woman. sending you some love from another mother who has been there and even has the t-shirt!
pshaw1414 wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 15:41 I really resonated with Rachel. She has the young kids and stays home with them all day while her husband goes to work. She is understandably upset by his need for additional time away from home, but gives in selflessly and adheres to the single mom role when needed.

I feel that on a deep level. My little girls and I are home all day without their dad. Whenever he mentions going out, I will always say "okay, have fun. I love you" and mean it, but man it really bugs me sometimes.
Ha ha. Sending love to YOU, momma!
AnnObiageri
Currently Reading: Mixed Blessings
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annobiageri.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (French Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by AnnObiageri »

I am a new mum and a stay at home mum for now. It's really hard to watch my husband go out everyday to work, then hang with the guys on some Fridays. Sometimes I try to be cool and other times I flip lol. So I understand Rachel on a whole deep level. Lol
Chanda Chema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanda-chema.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Chanda Chema »

Rachel was more realistic. She express her frustrations in the way she finds best.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

AnnObiageri wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 09:05 I am a new mum and a stay at home mum for now. It's really hard to watch my husband go out everyday to work, then hang with the guys on some Fridays. Sometimes I try to be cool and other times I flip lol. So I understand Rachel on a whole deep level. Lol
Perfectly understandable!! Hope you're doing okay :)
gelli_baranda
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gelli-baranda.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by gelli_baranda »

I'm all for Pamela. That power to understand men when they misbehave takes a ton of time to master. She has this charisma that makes her an appealing personality to men.
Happy reading,
Gelli xoxo
san_tee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-san-tee.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by san_tee »

I think Pamela was an outstanding character. She seemed to be well in understanding and communication, and when things weren't looking okay, she helped mend it back together. I wish Rachel would've voiced her distress a lot more. She kept everything inside, which helped lead to her unsuccessful marriage. If we heard more from the wives' perspectives, it would be interesting to hear their thoughts on this whole 15 year man mission.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Shabram22 wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 09:01 There are five main women in the book. Rachel, Pamela, Evie, Natalia and Sarah. Which did you like best?

I liked Pamela the best because she seemed to understand the men's need for an annual trip and also was the least offended when the men misbehaved.
I also liked Pamela because she was always so supportive of Daniel.
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

I liked Rachel's selflessness and dedication. Even when she wants more of the company of her partner Daniel, she happily obliges to his need for taking a break from home life.

:tiphat:
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

I liked Pamela best. She often allowed the other men to go on Man Mission and explore their wishes even when other wives were not really with it.
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

I think Rachel just because she never hid her feelings or what she thought from her husband. Her honesty is striking
Anuvamsha S A
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anuvamsha-s-a.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Anuvamsha S A »

My favorite woman is Pamela. She is never upset about taking care of the kids alone for a whole week. She appreciated man's missions and understood Daniel the most. If I were in her shoes I wouldn't be this considerate.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”