Daniel and Pamela's relationship

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
san_tee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-san-tee.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Re: Daniel and Pamela's relationship

Post by san_tee »

The relationship between Daniel and Pamela definitely was something the narrator and Rachel could have learned form before it turned upside down. They had temporarily problems, but they resolved with maturity and understanding for one another.
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

They understand each other and they have that connection. Couple goals.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Seeing as Daniel was the organizer for the group, I thought it was too bad that he was having marital problems as it seems, based on his somewhat uptight personality, that he would be the one who would have the hardest time emotionally with a failed relationship. It would be like John Nash in A Beautiful Mind not comprehending how he didn't win because the game must be flawed. Alec would be furious if he cared, Sam - it's kind of hard to say. He's seems like the most easy going of the four men. The book didn't talk too much about Pamela, but one forms an idea of what type of a woman she must be based on Daniel's behavior. He seems like such a nice guy.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Daniel and Pamela's relationship seems very admirable. Pity they end up separating but at least they do get back together. I wished that there was more to read about Pamela. She seemed like a good lady.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Leyla Ann wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 14:45 We all got a close look on the narrator and Rachel's relationship until its doom, but what do you think of Daniel and Pamela's relationship struggles?

I personally found it quite unexpected considering how they both got along quite well and were as much understanding of each other.

I wish we were able to dive more into the details of their relationship's temporary fall.
I got the feeling that Daniel and Pamela were truly in love and most of all, they were friends. From how lovey dovey they were when they were young to Pamela always supporting Daniel going on the trips. You could tell they had each other's backs. Even when they had issues, they did their best to work it on it and eventually got back together.
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

Daniel and Pamela's relationship was refreshing to read about! In all the familial turmoil mentioned in the book, there's was a welcome change.

:tiphat:
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

Leyla Ann wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 14:45 We all got a close look on the narrator and Rachel's relationship until its doom, but what do you think of Daniel and Pamela's relationship struggles?

I personally found it quite unexpected considering how they both got along quite well and were as much understanding of each other.

I wish we were able to dive more into the details of their relationship's temporary fall.
Daniel and Pamela have the perfect relationship. Relationships have ups and downs, it's healthy. What makes them stand out is how they handle the downs and their commitment to each other. They actually care about each other's well-being which is something the main character and Rachel didn't have.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

If most people had the kind of relationship these two had I think divorce won't be so high in the society. Pamela is a very easy going woman who understands her man. They were both matured and responsible.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

oluchiokere84 wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 09:40 Pamela's ability to understand her man's desires and often allow him achieve them was a great trait that helped them work out their differences.
Nice point, you have said it all.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

oluchiokere84 wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 09:40 Pamela's ability to understand her man's desires and often allow him achieve them was a great trait that helped them work out their differences.
I agree. I always felt like she knew the best way to handle Daniel and their relationship especially the park incident
IbrahimOtegbade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahimotegbade.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by IbrahimOtegbade »

Radhika_puri wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 22:22 They were the bet couple so far in the book. When their relationship came to stage of divorce, I was shocked. They were the most understanding and mature couple. But things change. Same happen with them. But I am happy they were together at last.

Same here. I wasn't expecting it. They are the most mature couple in the story. The fact that they are able to sort things out well means they really are.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Daniel and Pamela's relationship just needed more vigor to stir the fire they first felt when they got married.
Obi Egbuniwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obi-egbuniwe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Obi Egbuniwe »

Their relationship seemed to be sturdy by all appraisal, they also seemed quite taken and more accepting of each other a choices than the other couples. I noticed how Sarah isn't mentioned to have complained about the men's "Man Missions" as much as Rachel did.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Ten10 wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 01:48 Daniel and Pamela represents the ideal parents. They know when they are having family problems and are willing to seek professional help, reconcile and move on with family life.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

I feel that Daniel and Pamela were more understanding and respectful of each other. When faced with a crisis, they behaved rationally and tried to work through it together. I find that admirable.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”