Woman on a Man Mission?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: Woman on a Man Mission?

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Just_jay wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 05:46 Yes,I would love to.I want to go to new places and see the world.I want to be able to enjoy my life while I'm alive so that I will have no regrets in the future.That is the reason why I want to go on those adventures.I want to try some adventurous activities.
I completely agree! I would love to go on one of these missions! It sounds like so much fun!!
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Such a fascinating recommendation to convey in a woman in a man's mission. Yet in all honesty, I want my peace and my adventure side by side, so I am not sure that's what I want.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

I wouldn't mind the traveling, but yes I do think my type of location would change as time progressed. I'm already a cautious person so its not like i plan to hike Everest, but i would like include trips my family could enjoy along side me. Maybe that's something the characters should have tried, bringing their families with them to reconnect out side of society and responsibilities. My parents do it from time to time and they are going on over 30 years of bliss.
Joshuaomollo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshuaomollo.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Joshuaomollo »

Some things are really just meant for men. Like the man missions in this book. But again, any determined woman would still make it in these missions
Josep22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josep22.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Josep22 »

It really is a man thing but that wouldn't discourage any focused, brilliant and determined, lady from trying them out.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

Oh well, I will leave this question for women to answer.

As a man though, I will love to recreate such adventures with friends and family if we can find the time.
gelli_baranda
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gelli-baranda.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by gelli_baranda »

This is an interesting insight to talk about. I guess their adventures will be a little less risky compared to their adventures during their prime of life.
Happy reading,
Gelli xoxo
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

If I were in shape, I would go to any of the places they talked about and I might have even participated in things they didn't - like surfing and I would talk to absolutely everyone I could. If I were married to a guy who went on an annual man mission, I would probably have crashed it at least once. I understand it's a guy thing which is why I would probably go "ruin it" for them at least once. Especially if I could get any of the other wives into the crashing. Gentlemen have to behave very differently around women, even man playing gentlemen have to - it's an unspoken rule.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

ccundall2130 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 16:38 This book was so much fun to read. It is interesting the places they go to. However, I am not sure I would want to go to some of them as a woman or with a group of women. I love to travel but find myself choosier since I've been a mom. Would you want to go on those specific adventures? Why or why not? Since the story starts out when they are in college, do you see differences in the locations and adventures as they get older and have families?
I'm not sure I'd want to do the same things they were doing during their trips especially all that hiking and cycling. If I go on vacation, I absolutely don't want to do anything stressful.
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

Women who were in the characters' lives travelling with them on the Man Missions would be a bummer for me. The entire concept would lose its premise. After all, it was all about the boyhood and machoistic cameraderie!

:tiphat:
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I think women might feature in the next generation of Man Mssion. I mean their children taking over.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Post by Andrada Madalina »

I would also like to go on an adventure every year. However, I think that starting a home or having children in my life would change the way I look at things. I would think twice before embarking on a journey and weigh the risks carefully. My safety would be more significant because I would think about my family and what they would go through if I suffered something.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

It would have been interesting to watch a woman on such a quest, but I'm just being realistic in that some expeditions require a lot of physical power, which women may not have. Nonetheless, I feel that certain women are capable of engaging in such exciting but dangerous excursions.
Books are a unique form of accessible magic. Reading is required for those who wish to rise above the mundane. If you dislike reading, it's most likely because you haven't found the right book.
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

I don’t think I could survive a Man Mission :lol2: I prefer staying indoors or doing things outside that aren’t so tedious
Anuvamsha S A
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anuvamsha-s-a.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Anuvamsha S A »

That sounds amazing and I'm in. Women in man mission is a great one. Girls week I will name it like that.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”