Woman on a Man Mission?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
mishkaat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mishkaat.html
Latest Review: Waste Not, Borrow Not by Takako Daniel

Re: Woman on a Man Mission?

Post by mishkaat »

Interesting suggestion .bt then story will be totally different.
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

I would love to take part in one of these trips! I really liked the sound of some of the physical activities and would love to give them a go.
gabbieetopio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbieetopio.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by gabbieetopio »

Seeing a woman on a Man Mission would be very interesting; however, it would not have the same effect that this novel did. There would be many different aspects. For example, as a woman, I would not want to go on some of the trips the men went on, as I find them extremely dangerous and therefore unappealing.
It is also important to mention that these trips served as a mission for self-discovery of men specifically, and the narrator's journey to finding his masculinity and finding a deeper meaning behind it. The road to self-discovery of men is extraordinarily different that that of women, especially regarding gender roles and what each gender is expected to uphold within modern society. Typical stereotypes require men to be strong and independent, yet in this current society, women are beginning to also conform to that notion. Women on a man mission, would be a very interesting viewpoint, as each woman is different and would not be the same as any other woman on the same mission. I would very much like to see a Man Mission 2, yet with women instead of men, in order to see how a man portrays women in modern society.
habsfan212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habsfan212.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by habsfan212 »

If the woman is a friend and not a romantic interest, I don't see the problem. The point is to have a break from your everyday family and to go on an adventure that challenges you. The guys are unfit by the end of the book and even when they were in good shape, I really don't see why a girl in good shape could not keep up.
Lexiem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lexiem.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Lexiem »

I do not think I would want to go on these specific adventures myself as I like to be able to relax while I am on vacation. I would love to go to these places and see all of the beautiful sights they saw, but I would not want to go through all of the pain they went through.
Bookreviwer2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviwer2020.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei

Post by Bookreviwer2020 »

readerrihana wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 22:30 I would like to visit some places, but perhaps with family or husband is better. I would not like to go to very dangerous places, places with flying insects, scorpions, huge spiders and snakes that come in the house, or go in the sea where there are sharks. So I don't know where exactly to go
I prefer to go with family as well, it is more comfortable than with friends
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I would like to visit some places with my family. But not to crazy places that are terifying, this life is ones. Since I have kids, I will put their safety first.
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

Would love to see this considering I am all about female empowerment. Getting to see this in a females perspective would surely change the feel of the franchise however.
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

I prefer a "mission" that requires almost no physical effort... at most, a swim-up bar surrounded by palm trees.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
Ariely 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariely-20.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ariely 20 »

I would love to go on a women mission but it would have to be one with less physical activity and more pampering.
Just_jay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-just-jay.html
Latest Review: Tears and Trombones by Nanci Lee Woody

Post by Just_jay »

Yes,I would love to.I want to go to new places and see the world.I want to be able to enjoy my life while I'm alive so that I will have no regrets in the future.That is the reason why I want to go on those adventures.I want to try some adventurous activities.
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

Michelle Fred wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 04:21 I enjoyed reading the book, but I don't think I would want to go on a similar adventure. I lead a hectic life and my ideal vacation is one filled with lots of relaxation and comfort. I noticed they started to switch things up a bit as they got older. They hired guides, sometimes porters and even cooks. I particularly liked their catamaran Thailand expedition; that is the kind of mission I see myself going on.
I can't see myself doing what they did, I prefer a more relaxed vacation.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
See_B00kReaDs
Currently Reading:

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

Ariely 20 wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 13:31 I would love to go on a women mission but it would have to be one with less physical activity and more pampering.
Definitely less physical activities for women.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

See_B00kReaDs
Currently Reading:

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

Women are always on a mission, just like any other man. Though their adventures are fun and interesting, I couldn't see myself doing the things they did, it's just too physical for most women. I usually prefer the ordinary travel sightseeing.
– Francis Chan

prowlingivy
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prowlingivy.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by prowlingivy »

See_B00kReaDs wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 09:45 Women are always on a mission, just like any other man. Though their adventures are fun and interesting, I couldn't see myself doing the things they did, it's just too physical for most women. I usually prefer the ordinary travel sightseeing.
I agree with you 100%, as a woman I prefer more serene outings. I can't imagine myself climbing glaciers in Iceland. They are tempting challenges but if I were invited, I'd definitely pass.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”