Woman on a Man Mission?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: Atonement to a Greater God
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccundall2130.html
Latest Review: Should I" Go Walkabout" in Australia by John Timms
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3258

Woman on a Man Mission?

Post by ccundall2130 »

This book was so much fun to read. It is interesting the places they go to. However, I am not sure I would want to go to some of them as a woman or with a group of women. I love to travel but find myself choosier since I've been a mom. Would you want to go on those specific adventures? Why or why not? Since the story starts out when they are in college, do you see differences in the locations and adventures as they get older and have families?
mary-annef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-annef.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by mary-annef »

The trips get more exotic as the men progress in their careers and can afford to travel further. I've done the Otter Trail hike in South Africa and think hiking is a fantastic family activity. Obviously once the kids are old enough to walk the distances and to carry at least some of their things. Physical activity type holidays can make for very bonding experiences because if something goes wrong you have to work as a group to get through. I've also participated in a women-only holiday cycling in Italy where one of my friends was away from her husband and family for the first time ever. It was a wonderful experience and we are talking about doing it again in a different country.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: Devine Enquiries by Martin Hull

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I enjoyed reading the book, but I don't think I would want to go on a similar adventure. I lead a hectic life and my ideal vacation is one filled with lots of relaxation and comfort. I noticed they started to switch things up a bit as they got older. They hired guides, sometimes porters and even cooks. I particularly liked their catamaran Thailand expedition; that is the kind of mission I see myself going on.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

I just finished reading this book and I enjoyed everything about it. I enjoy traveling and going on vacations but not one that entails a high amount of physical activity like those in man mission. I won't mind any kind of traveling that requires a minimal amount of rigorous activity though. I am open to and will consider going on a woman mission if given the opportunity.
readerrihana
Currently Reading: Cute tooth decay
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerrihana.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by readerrihana »

I would like to visit some places, but perhaps with family or husband is better. I would not like to go to very dangerous places, places with flying insects, scorpions, huge spiders and snakes that come in the house, or go in the sea where there are sharks. So I don't know where exactly to go
Ten10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ten10.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Ten10 »

A woman on a man mission would have made this book wholesome and complete. They would have brought a new experience to the Man Mission. I was longing to see the four friends incorporate their wives into their Mission.
La Loca Designs
Currently Reading: Hooked
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-la-loca-designs.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by La Loca Designs »

I think a woman's version of man mission would be very interesting. It makes me think of the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I personally love vacations that include kayaking and hiking. I have yet to take a biking vacation but think that would be fun also.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

It would be quite interesting to get a woman on a man mission. However, it would lose its entire premise.
MA
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

I would actually love to see women on "man" missions lol, I think being on your own facing adventures like these certainly makes one more independent and confident in themselves.
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Post by bellajavier »

Such an interesting suggestion. But in all honesty, I want my relaxation and my adventure side by side, so I am not sure what I want
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP

Post by ccundall2130 »

mary-annef wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 03:43 Physical activity type holidays can make for very bonding experiences because if something goes wrong you have to work as a group to get through.
You make a great point! Whether it is a couples vacation or a gender-specific group, physical activity is probably the key to this book. Especially considering the vacations evolve as the guys get older.
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP

Post by ccundall2130 »

Michelle Fred wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 04:21 I enjoyed reading the book, but I don't think I would want to go on a similar adventure. I lead a hectic life and my ideal vacation is one filled with lots of relaxation and comfort.
Oh my goodness, I totally agree! With kids in sports and the school year so hectic plus work and being a single mom, I like the relaxing vacations. The story had lots of adventure, but my ideal vacation is sitting on the beach listening to the waves rolling in.
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP

Post by ccundall2130 »

readerrihana wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 22:30 I would like to visit some places, but perhaps with family or husband is better. I would not like to go to very dangerous places, places with flying insects, scorpions, huge spiders and snakes that come in the house, or go in the sea where there are sharks. So I don't know where exactly to go
I agree with your evaluation. Anytime there are huge spiders, you can count me out. I prefer going with family, too. It seems that if I go somewhere without my kids, I spend the whole time thinking how much they would love this store or that view.
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP

Post by ccundall2130 »

Ten10 wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 01:39 A woman on a man mission would have made this book wholesome and complete. They would have brought a new experience to the Man Mission. I was longing to see the four friends incorporate their wives into their Mission.
I agree completely. At least one of the adventures would be cool with the wives. I understand the male bonding and the point of getting away. However, the partnership in a marriage is a unique and wonderful thing and it would be interesting to see the dynamics with the four couples together.
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP

Post by ccundall2130 »

Melchi Asuma wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 01:50 It would be quite interesting to get a woman on a man mission. However, it would lose its entire premise.
Yes, quite true. Maybe a similar book with the couple's adventures? :D

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”