DO YOU THINK AFTER MARRIAGE THE LEVEL OF LOVE AMONG COUPLES DECREASE?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
Spencer Maina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencer-maina.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

DO YOU THINK AFTER MARRIAGE THE LEVEL OF LOVE AMONG COUPLES DECREASE?

Post by Spencer Maina »

A lot of couples in this book seemed like the love they had before marriage might have faded in some ways. For instance, Rachel denies her husband's conjugal rights at some point. She is also concerned about her husband's salary and not supporting his dream. Daniel also had issues with his marriage.

In my opinion, I'll say yes, feelings do reduce after marriage. What do you say?
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

I really don’t think so. Love doesn’t stay strong unless you work for it. You can’t just tell expect things to work themselves out when you’re not trying to work for those things yourself
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

It doesn't have to. Marriage is commitment and it depends on the couple's commitment and determination to rise above all the vagaries of life. It's not easy but it's definitely possible.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

From my personal observation I would say yes judging from my parents. I think sometimes the love they have for us is the reason while they are still together.
Drmol
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmol.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Drmol »

They are a lot of divorce that are happening that got to be the reason. I think they become too comfortable and forget that they have to please one another.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

If a couples love decreases after Marriage, it suggests to me that there was no love at first.
Glorious Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glorious-jack.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Glorious Jack »

In my opinion I do not think the love between couples decreases after marriage. If the couple continuous to show each other the support and care, then there is no reason for the love to decrease.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

n3stl3y_ wrote: 16 May 2022, 07:01 I really don’t think so. Love doesn’t stay strong unless you work for it. You can’t just tell expect things to work themselves out when you’re not trying to work for those things yourself
Great point my dear.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

I think married couples forget sometimes that love needs to be fed and nurtured. While nurturing your children it's important to nurture your marriage as well. It's not that the love decreases, they just stop working for it. This is the case in some relationships that have lasted for a couple of years as well.
Andy1
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading: Growing Up Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andy1.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by Andy1 »

I don't think so. A lot of people seem to think that loving someone is all roses and sunshine all the time, but most times it's about sticking with and choosing that person even during tough times. Love requires the effort of care and nurturing to grow.
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien
IbrahimOtegbade
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahimotegbade.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by IbrahimOtegbade »

I don't think so. It depends on the marriage though. Every marriage has its peculiarity. It is true that for some couples all the excitement of marriage dies right after they give birth to children, but I think love should go beyond that.

In the novel, the main problem the couple had was bad communication. The protagonist felt too macho to express himself to his wife, and the wife kept to herself and her activities. All their problems could have been solved if they had spent some time together to do some sincere talking.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Spencer Maina wrote: 31 Mar 2022, 09:22 A lot of couples in this book seemed like the love they had before marriage might have faded in some ways. For instance, Rachel denies her husband's conjugal rights at some point. She is also concerned about her husband's salary and not supporting his dream. Daniel also had issues with his marriage.

In my opinion, I'll say yes, feelings do reduce after marriage. What do you say?
Yeah. The amount of love shown during courtship is nothing compared to the love shared during the marriage.

Feeling certainly reduced as time goes by.
Obi Egbuniwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obi-egbuniwe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Obi Egbuniwe »

Yes. The spark, excitement, intrigue and thrill fade. Conscious work is needed to keep it alive and healthy.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

I think when you fall in love, everything in your life is overshadowed by that love. But as time goes on, other realities of life start pushing in on you. It's important that you balance things and put in work to maintain a happy relationship.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Philosopher2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philosopher2022.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Philosopher2022 »

Personally i think Marriage goes beyond that feeling of love. It is true that most times it feels like love decreases after marriage but it shouldn't be that way. To sustain love after marriage there should be constant communication, understanding and more.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”