Favourite Mutant power

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Re: Favourite Mutant power

Post by Nym182 »

Jocelyn Eastman wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 18:25
Nym182 wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 16:15
Jocelyn Eastman wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 12:38

I think the idea of being able to go wherever I want, whenever I want is really the most appealing aspect to me.

Also though, I can apparently take someone with me. That’s a pretty big part of this power too.
I agree! Plus, you would probably feel super safe all the time... You can always teleport away from danger! Really, the applications of this power are endless and I can't think of too many negatives to it! Maybe popping up someone and scaring someone?
I can imagine that if I popped up out of nowhere it would scare someone. I would have been a terror as a kid with that power! Boo!
OMG hahaha having that power as a kid is a whooooole new ballgame :muahaha:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

I liked all the powers as they all are incredibly awesome! But I really like Rye's ability. What could be better than the ability to teleport out of a bad situation at any time? So cool!
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

AvocaDebo621 wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 07:03 I liked all the powers as they all are incredibly awesome! But I really like Rye's ability. What could be better than the ability to teleport out of a bad situation at any time? So cool!
I feel like it would also be the easiest to cover up or hide it.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
leiabutler
Currently Reading: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leiabutler.html
Latest Review: Britain Loves Baking - The Bakers Annual 2020 by Greg Wixted

Post by leiabutler »

I like Adams! Having the powerful to control nature elements like the wind is so so cool. The whole concept to this book is amazing. Would you like any other power that isn't mentioned within the book?
'At his lips' touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete'
The Great Gatsby
Tan TR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tan-tr.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tan TR »

The best and most practical mutant power was Rye’s, teleportation sounds amazing. However, air control also sounds really good, especially if you can fly. All powers sound great, but those would be my top two.
Jocelyn Eastman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelyn-eastman.html
Latest Review: Phoenix by Patricia Simpson

Post by Jocelyn Eastman »

Nym182 wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 16:41
Jocelyn Eastman wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 18:25
Nym182 wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 16:15

I agree! Plus, you would probably feel super safe all the time... You can always teleport away from danger! Really, the applications of this power are endless and I can't think of too many negatives to it! Maybe popping up someone and scaring someone?
I can imagine that if I popped up out of nowhere it would scare someone. I would have been a terror as a kid with that power! Boo!
OMG hahaha having that power as a kid is a whooooole new ballgame :muahaha:
I can remember jumping out from behind walls and scaring people. This would be much more effective!
supraja_prasad
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supraja-prasad.html
Latest Review: Doppelgänger by Marc J. Seifer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by supraja_prasad »

I liked three power manifestations the most. Adam's control over the wind (because that was the first hint that the scope was something beyond human), the Wit line's ability to merge with the young (the passage of wisdom, the Wit line, I loved the wordplay by the author). The third, Rue's teleportation abilities. I have two reasons for this. First the idea that the ability skipped a generation establishing the genetic aspect, the second is wishful thinking that I if I have this ability, I can be less worried about my daily commute to work!
Books may well be the only true magic.
~Alice Hoffman
nanglada
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanglada.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by nanglada »

skindrukas wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 11:40 Definitely Rye! But if I could invent one myself, I'd go for freezing the time. I remember myself dreaming about it when I was a kid. I still think I'd be cool.
That would be an amazing power to have! I would definitely want it. However, from the book I like Adam's better.
xuanmaii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xuanmaii.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by xuanmaii »

I guess I like Carly's power but that's partly because her power has been emphasized and she has, like, multiple abilities
Chefjulz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chefjulz.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Chefjulz »

My favorite was Dauma's power. Being able to see genuine truth in people would be a great asset.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

The power to fly as you guys have said has always been a big hit for us humans. We always dreamed about it.

Though teleportation is indeed a cool power to have. No more worrying when to get there, or how to get where you want to go. Think about it and voila. It saves us all the time and effort of going through things. That way as well you can be with the people you love the moment you want to.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Odette Chace
Favorite Book: The History of Love
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 576
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odette-chace.html
Latest Review: Everyday Pocket Poetry by LoAnn Twedt

Post by Odette Chace »

Teleportation would be the most practical for everyday use, but I feel like Adam's power can be used the most creatively.
PetraWelch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petrawelch.html
Latest Review: Zodiac Signs by Smilena Kirilova

Post by PetraWelch »

The way Adam can control one of nature’s elements is extremely interesting. Personally, I would choose water over wind so that I could fulfill my childhood dream of breathing in the ocean (or lake/river/pool/bathtub) and discovering new worlds.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

My favourite is Rye's power- teleportation. Imagine being anywhere you want whenever you want to, not being limited by time and space- that's cool.
Sminnich
Currently Reading: Through My Daughter's Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sminnich.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Sminnich »

my favorite mutant power would be the ability to heal people. That power is very useful during battle, but I understand wanting to hide this power since it takes a lot of energy from the person trying to heal and how others would want to abuse that power.

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”