Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 12:50
- Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-banette.html
- Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling
The lack of resolution to Terry's story really annoyed me while I was reading. It never even felt like Adam properly addressed it and when Carly just kinda let it slide I lost all faith in her character. I won't pretend i'm an expert detective or anything, but it feels like there would have been a lot of clues leading investigators to Adam. Like wouldn't there be camera's outside of the store, or at least facing the door that Adam would've been seen on? Did the store owner just leave a minor alone to close the store herself? There's just so much that didn't add up to me.
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 12 Apr 2020, 14:32
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 19
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
- Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
For me, Carly's reaction to what has happened to Terry seemed really out of character. I really liked Carly (she was my favorite in this story), she was this caring, lovely person, and this was highlighted constantly throughout the whole book. And then, when she found out about Terry, she was like whatever, what's done is done, I know people who did worse things so Adam can't be judged here. I didn't understand that and it stayed with me even after I finished reading. I just feel like there should be some kind of closure for her story, she didn't deserve to be forgotten like that.