Thoughts on Ending??

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Thoughts on Ending??

Post by Chelsearoses »

First of all, how much are we allowed to share about the book in these posts? Do we have to say "Spoilers" or can we discuss revealing info?
Second of all, anyone else nearly stop towards the end with Carly or thought she actually was "gone"?
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

You can share spoilers as long as you alert the readers about it at the top.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Chelsearoses »

Thank you! 💜
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I held my breath wondering if she was!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I kept hoping Adam would have to sacrifice himself to save her. It would have been a nice poetic atonement for the girl at the beginning.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

Chelsearoses wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 03:13 First of all, how much are we allowed to share about the book in these posts? Do we have to say "Spoilers" or can we discuss revealing info?
Second of all, anyone else nearly stop towards the end with Carly or thought she actually was "gone"?
OK, so SPOILERS for those who have not read it...

It would have been really absurd for her to die in this point. The plot was totally build up nicely for Carly and her demise would really be shocking and put the story we have to a whole different story. However, as we have seen in GOT anyone can die anywhere 8) 8)
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

I guess we are allowed to share as much as we want to, but within reason. And yes, we do have to mention 'spoilers' whenever there are possible spoilers in the question. And yes, I did think Carly was nearly 'gone' towards the end.
silvafaerie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvafaerie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by silvafaerie »

'Spoilers'
I was confused as to why Carly gave up her powers. I realize that she thought it was too much for one person but the bad guys aren't all gone yet. Won't she need that power for the actual battle that is to come? All they did was defeat the Iksha for the moment at one decoy holding center.
WardahEbrahim
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wardahebrahim.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by WardahEbrahim »

I like a book that keeps you on your toes like that! But, I was still telling myself "It can't be".
Daniel Muky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-muky.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Daniel Muky »

Well, that's how a good fiction is supposed to be...to me that's as enjoyable.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

silvafaerie wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 14:23 'Spoilers'
I was confused as to why Carly gave up her powers. I realize that she thought it was too much for one person but the bad guys aren't all gone yet. Won't she need that power for the actual battle that is to come? All they did was defeat the Iksha for the moment at one decoy holding center.
Yes exactly her death would have come as a major character change to Adam, as his entire transformation is based on Carly. With her gone, it would have been be major.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

Howlan wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 05:11
Chelsearoses wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 03:13 First of all, how much are we allowed to share about the book in these posts? Do we have to say "Spoilers" or can we discuss revealing info?
OK, so SPOILERS for those who have not read it...

It would have been really absurd for her to die in this point. The plot was totally build up nicely for Carly and her demise would really be shocking and put the story we have to a whole different story. However, as we have seen in GOT anyone can die anywhere 8) 8)
Carly dying right after her mother gave her extra powers would have been very disappointing. Unless it was used as the final straw to turn Adam to the dark side since she seemed to be the one that brought him out of his darkness.
Erin Dydek
Currently Reading:

Post by Erin Dydek »

Spoilers:

I thought the ending was a bit anticlimactic and wished there would have been some sort of hook for the next book. I didn’t feel like there was much to get excited about for the next book. I might have to read the sneak peak because this book just moved on to Merry Christmas and that was it. I thought an glimpse of the twin or Alexandra would have been a nice addition to the epilogue.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Everydayadventure15 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 20:00 Spoilers:

I thought the ending was a bit anticlimactic and wished there would have been some sort of hook for the next book. I didn’t feel like there was much to get excited about for the next book. I might have to read the sneak peak because this book just moved on to Merry Christmas and that was it. I thought an glimpse of the twin or Alexandra would have been a nice addition to the epilogue.
You definitely gotta read the sneak peek. It will definitely give you more than enough reason to read the next book.
Erin Dydek
Currently Reading:

Post by Erin Dydek »

Howlan wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 00:10
Everydayadventure15 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 20:00 Spoilers:

I thought the ending was a bit anticlimactic and wished there would have been some sort of hook for the next book. I didn’t feel like there was much to get excited about for the next book. I might have to read the sneak peek because this book just moved on to Merry Christmas and that was it. I thought a glimpse of the twin or Alexandra would have been a nice addition to the epilogue.
You definitely gotta read the sneak peek. It will definitely give you more than enough reason to read the next book.
Thanks, I think I will. I was curious to check it out and I tend to like the second book in series better than the first (especially if the first was a debut novel). The writing usually improves and since many of the characters are already established, there's room for the plot to go deeper. I have Kindle Unlimited right now and the second book is available. I figure if I like the first few chapters I'll just keep going!

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”