Burning Questions 'Spoilers'

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Re: Burning Questions 'Spoilers'

Post by Nym182 »

Jac-o-lantern wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 10:15 I think that Adam's twin, as well as his mother, are still alive at the main base of operations and will likely show up in the next book. They only faced off and took out Iksha at the decoy base that ambushed them. Which is why I don't get why Carly did away with her extra powers. I know she thought that they were too powerful but seeing as there is still a larger threat to be faced I think she should have kept them. Unless do you think she can regain them again?
I'm guessing that her merging with Dauma will probably unlock some more powers or she will learn how to tap into Dauma's powers. Or Adam will play a bigger part.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

Jac-o-lantern wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 10:15 I think that Adam's twin, as well as his mother, are still alive at the main base of operations and will likely show up in the next book. They only faced off and took out Iksha at the decoy base that ambushed them. Which is why I don't get why Carly did away with her extra powers. I know she thought that they were too powerful but seeing as there is still a larger threat to be faced I think she should have kept them. Unless do you think she can regain them again?
Seeing that it is a sci-fi fantasy there is really a great chance for her to regain her powers or even be more powerful.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Nym182 wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 10:30
I'm guessing that her merging with Dauma will probably unlock some more powers or she will learn how to tap into Dauma's powers. Or Adam will play a bigger part.
Yeah she can unlock the traditional hereditary powers which might a secret somehow.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Nym182 wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 10:28
cristinaro wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 05:30 I wondered why Alexandra gave up one son for adoption and not the other one too. Perhaps she thought the Iksha won't find out that she had twins and tried to protect at least one of them.
I would imagine it's to keep one of them safe, but I can't imagine how that move would affect the twin that was given up.
I think she wanted to send both of them but was caught in the twins case.
S1234
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s1234.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by S1234 »

Does anyone wonder why Adam wasn't drawn to Vikki the way he was to JoAnn and Terry. I assume Terry took the serum too. But if Vikki took the serum why wasn't he drawn to her? Did I miss something?
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

S1234 wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 10:28 Does anyone wonder why Adam wasn't drawn to Vikki the way he was to JoAnn and Terry. I assume Terry took the serum too. But if Vikki took the serum why wasn't he drawn to her? Did I miss something?
Yes, that is revealed in the sneak peek of Split Adam at the end of this book.
Nym182

Post by Nym182 »

S1234 wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 10:28 Does anyone wonder why Adam wasn't drawn to Vikki the way he was to JoAnn and Terry. I assume Terry took the serum too. But if Vikki took the serum why wasn't he drawn to her? Did I miss something?
That's a pretty good point!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

I imagine the twin is with the Iksha. To be honest, I had forgotten all about him. I developed some interest in Katreena/Vikki and her circumstances, however.
Nym182

Post by Nym182 »

ciecheesemeister wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 13:15 I imagine the twin is with the Iksha. To be honest, I had forgotten all about him. I developed some interest in Katreena/Vikki and her circumstances, however.
the more and more I think about it, the more intrigued I am about Vicki and her story...
Nym182

Post by Nym182 »

Howlan wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 09:48
Yeah she can unlock the traditional hereditary powers which might a secret somehow.
It might also give the reader a chance to see/relive some of Dauma's memories through Carly's eyes which might be interesting. I wonder if Dauma and Carly are able to communicate at all... it might be cool to see a Dauma memory of her doing something bad and seeing how Carly deals with learning something bad about her mom.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Nym182 wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 11:55
That's a pretty good point!
Yes considering Vikki was on Adam's side from way back. But as it is revealed in the sneak peek, that could not have
been posible.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

ciecheesemeister wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 13:15 I imagine the twin is with the Iksha. To be honest, I had forgotten all about him. I developed some interest in Katreena/Vikki and her circumstances, however.
Yes, I am really looking forward to his opening in the next book.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Nym182 wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 15:36
the more and more I think about it, the more intrigued I am about Vicki and her story...
Yes, Vikki might have a much greater role to play in the story than mentioned in this book.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Nym182 wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 16:31
Howlan wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 09:48

It might also give the reader a chance to see/relive some of Dauma's memories through Carly's eyes which might be interesting. I wonder if Dauma and Carly are able to communicate at all... it might be cool to see a Dauma memory of her doing something bad and seeing how Carly deals with learning something bad about her mom.
Yes that would be pretty interesting. Also of they are able to switch personas it would be cool.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

The excerpt from Split Adam made me think that Leigh-Reign was moving away from the twin and looking into siblings instead. With the possibility that Vikki is related to Adam. It would think the second part of the series would have Adam face his twin. But you are right the twin was mentioned and then not really brought up again.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”