Deaths

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
Estrellah254
Currently Reading: Vegan for Her: The Woman's Guide to Being Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estrellah254.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Re: Deaths

Post by Estrellah254 »

I think Adam's father could have been of better use later in the book. He was also killed when Adam was ready to have a relationship with him again.
Fi Zoraa
Favorite Author: Nalini Singh
Favorite Book: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fifizora.html
Latest Review: Echo of the Past by Rosemary Blake
fav_author_id: 2885

Post by Fi Zoraa »

Adam's father's death did seem unnecessary. His character wasn't fully fleshed out and so it was difficult to gauge what impact his death would have on Adam and JoAnn. He wasn't painted as a good person and for the most part, he seemed out of the loop in the family dynamics. Adam's feelings about his father's death seemed to only be what he thought he should feel for his father, given that he hadn't cared for him before or after his parents split up. On the other hand, Carly's father's death fit well into the storyline and had a purpose. With him gone, Dauma was ready to merge with Carly and Carly was pushed to the point of wanting to destroy the Iksha.
Fi Zoraa
Favorite Author: Nalini Singh
Favorite Book: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fifizora.html
Latest Review: Echo of the Past by Rosemary Blake
fav_author_id: 2885

Post by Fi Zoraa »

Howlan wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 15:38
ciecheesemeister wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 13:14 The deaths did seem a bit convenient. I was somewhat surprised by Mark's death because it seemed that he was being given a chance to redeem himself.
Yes, I had hoped he would bring new character developments in Adam, but unfortunately, he was killed off.
Exactly. We could've learned more about his perspective on what happened, even though his cheating was inexcusable. His death would've had a bigger impact if it came after Adam had reached out to him and they had begun to mend the relationship.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Both death's came as a surprise to me. I believe that the characters could have had a bit more importance throughout the story. I feel kind of sorry for not knowing any better Carly's father.

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”