Thoughts for the future of the SAGA??

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Re: Thoughts for the future of the SAGA??

Post by Howlan »

B Creech wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 16:48
Howlan wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 22:47
B Creech wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 20:25
I know what you mean! Even when he became somewhat nicer after meeting Carly he is still not my favorite character!
Yes Adam was quite stupid and disturbing I think and that is not a character of a YA that people generally invest upon.
Yeah, exactly. I don't know how this book got put in the YA category. I felt it was not appropriate for young adults, and especially for teenagers! :confusion-shrug:
Absolutely!
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Chelsearoses »

Nym182 wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 11:08
Chelsearoses wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 20:15 *Possible or slight spoilers ahead in discussion* This is for the book "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign

What are your thoughts, based on this book, for the future of the Saga? Do you think it will get better? Will Adam continue to change or be brought challenges, do you think his past or anything will test him to go back and challenge his mental health?
Will Carly become someone different or be challenged by her new future?
Thoughts or ideas??
I think that the next few books will mainly revolve around Carly and Adam's "relationship" with a few ups and downs that will most likely result in a "love conquers all" type thing... I would hope that Adam's past would come back to haunt him but I am not sure the author has any interest in holding him accountable for his actions, nor in dealing with his mental health... I'm not quite sure if I will read the next books...
Yes. That is a bit of a concern for me, to be honest. Adam's mental health should be addressed in some way, or him and Carly have a breaking point. Not sure, but a few things need to be addressed. For sure. I want to like the book completely and be excited for the next series of books...but some things need to again, be addressed and dealt with.
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
Chanda Chema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanda-chema.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Chanda Chema »

Adam's past should catch up with him and see how well he deals with it. It's an expectation for him to be wiser and more powerful as tougher challenges are thrown his way. Carly should be his sanity.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I've not been I pportuned to review the book. :D
HBerryTree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hberrytree.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by HBerryTree »

I just can't deal with the writing style. It was choppy in its writing patterns, and nothing really happened until the last part of the book. I don't know how well this book saga will do in the future.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

I think Adam will definitely struggle with the goodness and darkness within him. It's definitely going to happen especially now that Dauma's dead I feel like the temptation to darkness will be greater because he won't have someone to keep him in line. No offense to Carly of course.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

I think Carly will step into leadership very well. She has all the right qualities.
Dominika S
Favorite Book: Picasso At The Lapin Agile
Currently Reading: Brave New World
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominika-s.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Dominika S »

Chanda Chema wrote: 03 May 2020, 14:08 Adam's past should catch up with him and see how well he deals with it. It's an expectation for him to be wiser and more powerful as tougher challenges are thrown his way. Carly should be his sanity.
Agreed, Adam didn't face any repercussions for what he did in the first book when at the start it seemed to be a somewhat big aspect of the plot.
banevius
Currently Reading: Bones and the Treasure Map
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-banevius.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by banevius »

I'm sure Carly is going to have many flashbacks to her mother. I think Adam will continue to learn to love and be a better person. Together, and with their group of friends, they'll face new challenges.
JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

B Creech wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 19:41 I think Adam will still be unpredictable. Carly is merged with her mom, who was a very strong person so I think there might be a big change in Carly in the next book.
I am really curious to see whether this will be the case. Adam is a very unpredictable character and I wonder if he will keep it up to the very end.

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”