Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 29 Apr 2020, 10:13
- Currently Reading: Bones and the Treasure Map
- Bookshelf Size: 28
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-banevius.html
- Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
At one point near the end, I thought Carly and her mother and company were going to end up being the villains working for the Ishka, and Afrax was one of their secret bases. I'd expected Vikki was going to end up being a Descendant trying to help Adam. I thought this might've made for a very interesting plot twist, and I was somewhat disappointed that it didn't go in this direction. I thought the plot twist would've made the story much more suspenseful.
In many stories, you often know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. But the better stories, in my opinion, are those in which you don't really know until the end. Then in a single mind-blowing moment, everything changes
- Posts: 237
- Joined: 15 Jul 2020, 07:50
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 22
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
- Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Wooow if Carly and her mother became the villains,that would have really been an interesting twist. I however like the turn the story took and would think of it any better way.