Review of The Space Between Dreaming

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Review of The Space Between Dreaming

Post by Medina Fedrick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Space Between Dreaming" by Cherie Burbach.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Most times we're so drawn to our hearts' desires, to what we want to achieve, that we forget what is right in front of us. And when we don't achieve those goals—when we don't get that ring, when we don't have that child—we tend to throw our lives away, along with the good things, and this drains us and gives us a negative outlook on life. But if we pause for a moment and decide to appreciate the good things we have instead of wallowing in pity for the ones we don't, we'll see how sweet life can be.

After years of rejection and abandonment from her mom, Grace yearns to see her and make amends, even after all she was put through because of her mom. But is her mom willing to do the same? Growing up, she was tossed from one foster home to another; she felt unwanted. But now, it also seems like the world doesn't want her to be a mother, to give her child that love that her mother never gave her. Her husband, who works as an insurance adjustor and a painter, supports her through it all. On the other hand, Jane, who works in an art gallery, Cream City Gallery, was struggling with life also; after working ten years in the gallery, she expects a promotion from her boss, although she knows that this rarely happens in her workplace. Also, she happens to have been in a relationship with Brad for eight years, unsure of the direction in which their relationship was heading. Will Brad propose to her? What does the future hold for her and Brad? And will she get the promotion that she desperately desires? Read this book to find out how the lives of these two amazing women connect and change after their meeting at an art fair.

The Space Between Dreaming by Cherie Burbach has given me a positive outlook on life. This book has taught me that I don't need to look outside for joy, but within and around me. I have learned to appreciate the little things around me. Also, the place of art in nature and our lives cannot be displaced. One piece of art drew on so much meaning and brought Jane and Grace together. The book alternated between the lives of Grace and Jane, with each chapter titled Jane or Grace depending on whose story was being told. I must say that this book is a masterpiece because of how endearing it is. This book kept me soaked up in feelings of joy, happiness, sadness, and relief for these characters as I read it. The author incorporated jokes, especially through the character John, which made the book exciting to read.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. I loved absolutely everything about this book, from the character development to the author's narrative style to the plot, which was the most amazing thing about it. I realized the value of true friendship when these two women came together, and I started yearning for what they had. I would also like to add that the way someone treats you is often an indication of their character, which is another lesson I picked up from this book.

This book deserves a perfect rating, but because I discovered up to ten errors while reading, I would rate this book four out of five stars. I would suggest another round of editing to correct these errors, so this book can get the perfect rating it deserves. Fans of well-organized, heartwarming fictional tales, drama, and romantic novels would enjoy this book. 

The Space Between Dreaming
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

This book drives home a very important topic of reflection and gratitude. We will always strive for more but we also need to appreciate what we have. Thanks for the review
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

The intro to your review makes reading this book more interesting. Sometimes we forget to appreciate what we have for what we need. Just as the author taught, we need not look outside for joy, but within and around us. This is inspiring to me.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Your review has provided me with valuable information and insight about the book. I appreciate the way you have presented your thoughts and opinions on the book in a clear and concise manner, allowing me to form my own opinion about whether or not to read it. Your review has helped me to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the book, and has given me a better idea of what to expect. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and for helping me make an informed decision about what to read next.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Medina Fedrick wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 02:07
This book has taught me that I don't need to look outside for joy, but within and around me. I have learned to appreciate the little things around me.
I completely agree with this and believe it to be true. Being happy and content with what you have is very important in life. We will be much more peaceful if we accept the blessings we have. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”