Review of Don’t Poke the Bear

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Re: Review of Don’t Poke the Bear

Post by Patty Allread »

I am not sure I would like this, I think a good book should have a central story . Thanks for the review.
I think so too. Thanks for visiting and commenting.
Kaylee Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-samuel.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Kaylee Samuel »

Despite its shortcomings, I will like to read the book. I believe women go through a lot which is often overlooked. Thanks for the review.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Despite its shortcomings, I will like to read the book. I believe women go through a lot which is often overlooked.
Thanks for commenting. I hope you enjoy the book!
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Young broke women do make for an interesting story. Would like to read this book.
Stevemax14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevemax14.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Stevemax14 »

Take Responsibility for Life.

Steven Francis
I agree with others about the cover art; it looks like a sales pitch, which is unappealing and made me skeptical. What I like about the book is its encouragement to take charge and responsibility for your life and not wallow in blaming circumstances or other people for your problems. That said, the ideas about thinking for yourself and breaking away from group influences are not new or original. I can think of other books with more workable and effective ways of accomplishing that.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the book. It's always valuable to hear different perspectives on literature.

I agree that the cover art can be misleading and affect one's initial perception of the book. However, the book's content seems to resonate with you, particularly its message about taking responsibility for one's life.

You mentioned that the ideas in the book about thinking for yourself and breaking away from group influences are not new or original. While this may be true, the author's perspective and presentation of these ideas may still be valuable to readers who are unfamiliar with them or who need a reminder. It's also possible that the author offers a unique approach or perspective on these concepts that differs from other books you've read.

It's great that you have read other books with workable and effective ways of accomplishing the same ideas. It's always useful to have a variety of resources to choose from, as different approaches may resonate with different people.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”