Review of Lust over reasoning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of Lust over reasoning

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lust over reasoning" by Thomas P. Yates.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Lust Over Reasoning; The 23rd Century Decline into Sexual Degradation by Thomas P. Yates is an erotic literature set in the year 2222. It is a story in which the extent of humanity’s line of reasoning is tested against passion and human desire. As the book unravels, we are exposed to various forms of sexual and moral decadence. A family is torn apart by the lust which fuels their sexual bravado and encourages their escapades. Set in over 100 years from now, imagination takes over as the author dissects what may be the fate of the world in time to come. Thomas P. Yates explores the lust between a mother and her son, a father and his daughter, and a brother and a sister. Family ties are broken. The rules of humanity are crossed, and borderlines are erased. The more one delves into this book, the more the question lingers, does it get any worse than it already is?

I applaud the author’s imagination in writing this book. He combines the happenings in the present to predict a future that may well befall humans if care is not taken. The author’s ability to put into writing the raw, untainted passion in the twisted relationships between the characters Is quite commendable. The author’s use of first-person narration gives the reader a broader perspective of the whole story. The state of mind of each character is unraveled to enable the reader better understand the factors that have led or will lead the character to pursue an action and to react a certain way.

This book has some downsides that affected my overall satisfaction while reading it. The raw depiction of sexual decadence in various forms by the author threw me off from the first chapter. It gives an unbelievable impression that leaves you wondering if our society will ever get to that stage. It seemed artificial and unattainable even. In addition, the use of profane words by characters without provocation was a bit too much. I understand the author's creative mind attempted to depict the level of explicit sexual encounters between relations. However, I also found this to be quite disturbing.

I give this book a rating of three out of five stars. I removed a star because of the negatives I mentioned above. I would have given this book an additional star. However, I had to subtract an extra star because it lacked professional editing. I found a lot of typographical and grammar errors in it.

I recommend this book to lovers of erotic literature. People who enjoy futuristic books would be a perfect fit for this book too.

Lust over reasoning
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Believe : A Poetry Collection by Denise Alicea

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

I am not sure if this is the type of book for me. Books with high erotic content are not something I enjoy, and this book seems to use erotica as its whole purpose. I do not see the relationship between the present and lust between a father and his daughter.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

It sounds like the author has really tried to test people's boundaries with this book about how society could have different moral rules in the future. It is a shame that you came across errors while reading that, hopefully they will do a revised version to address the issues you have raised.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Thiy is a erotic stories about sensuality decades. Story is about moral and sexualities. People's critical free sex, but lover never be witout sex. Emotional and sex iz very important for love, and thi story say that on erotically way I recommend this story why like a erotic stories.
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana_5 »

This is storyline on sexsyal degradation. Crossed to borderline between passion and sex desire. Family don't understand sexsyal orentations an desire new age children. They have a critical review when a took a sex and erotc story This a tabu theme, sex is a freedom, don't have a cross line, love is desipired on erotical degradation.
Mohamed ali bouajila

Post by Mohamed ali bouajila »

This is storyline on sexsyal degradation. Crossed to borderline between passion and sex desire. Family don't understand sexsyal orentations an desire new age children. They have a critical review when a took a sex and erotc story This a tabu theme, sex is a freedom, don't have a cross line, love is desipired on erotical degradation.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

The reviewer's words: "He combines the happenings in the present to predict a future that may well befall humans if care is not taken", really stood out to me. The fact that she noted "if care is not taken" is commendable. Currently, from what I have observed care is not being taken. People carry out sexual acts that are so out of line these days and feel no remorse, even going as far as feeling right when they carry out such acts and wronged when they are corrected. Care should be taken and silly sexual practices should be stopped. This can't be stressed enough! I totally believe that the author's profanity simply symbolizes the degree of moral decadence that will be if we are too careless.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: Human Beings First by Paul E. Wolfe

Post by Seetha E »

I'd want to thank the author, Thomas P. Yates, for deciding to write on this topic. As represented, the times are currently on the brink of disaster on all fronts: hunger for money, power, and sensual closeness. The topic at hand is appropriately titled Lust over Reasoning. It is as straightforward as its meaning. I accept the lack of rationality in almost all of our activities today, be it in how we deal with people, nature, or anything else. I hope this book reaches out to people and saves their souls. Your review thoroughly examines the book, the characterization and justification of such behavior, the author's writing style, and the storyline's flow. As a result, it provides a clear indication of what to expect. Thank you for your honest feedback, Amarachi. I, too, would prefer not to read content that contains unnecessary profanity, but I would be able to remark on it only after I finished reading it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”