Official Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3098
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Re: Official Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It is good to read that the story comprises every emotion common to humankind. The fact that it is also about guilt and redemption is amazing. Hiram McDowell is certainly an interesting character, and readers will like following his development.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

"McDowell" by William H. Coles takes readers on an emotional rollercoaster, exploring themes of guilt, redemption, and the consequences of life choices. The complex character of Hiram McDowell undergoes significant transformations, and the author skillfully weaves together a narrative that elicits laughter, tears, and anger. The story's focus on relationships, especially within a blended family, adds a layer of realism, making it a compelling read for those who enjoy delving into the intricacies of human nature. Nice review.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by Aleena Augustine »

Your detailed insights make me curious about the characters and their journeys. The exploration of guilt, redemption, and the impact of choices on relationships sound compelling. Great job on the review!
Sham Gwalani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sham-gwalani.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Sham Gwalani »

Study of Human nature through a fiction has always been impressive. A story full of emotions. McDowell is definitely I would be looking forward to read. Thanks to the reviewer for such nice and detailed review.
Rashad Deniro Price
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: The Story of Super Wealth by Andrew Stevenson

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

I do understand the various emotions you felt. Who wouldn't, after all, having to read about a man who made enemies for himself trying to satisfy his wants for power and money, and then having to deal with the mistakes of his past. McDowell's family life is also in trouble. I wish we can all learn from this.
Jacinta Mutuku 1
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jacinta Mutuku 1 »

The author takes readers through different themes like guilt, redemption, relationship, love and hatred and flawed characters makes it a good read. The blended family of Hiram and Carole seems to have issues from the beginning. And despite the changes that affects the family permanently Hiram he finds it difficult to accept the past mistakes he did. Thank you for amazing review.
Jacinta Mutuku 1

The author takes readers through different themes like guilt, redemption, relationship, love and hatred and flawed characters makes it a good read. The blended family of Hiram and Carole seems to have issues from the beginning. And despite the changes that affects the family permanently Hiram he finds it difficult to accept the past mistakes he did. Thank you for amazing review.
Jacinta Mutuku 1

Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 648
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

Hiram seems like a complex character. It will be interesting to see his relations with the people in his life and strangers. Thank you for the review.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

McDowell by William H. Coles explores the themes of guilt, redemption, and human nature in a realistic and engaging way. I am interested in the character of Hiram McDowell and how he deals with the fallout of his past choices.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

You've done a great job discussing your opinions about this novel. I wonder if McDowell can redeem his past mistakes. I like the various themes covered in this novel. I really look forward to reading about this successful surgeon who has made himself enemy to many.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”